Maritime Checks

tuffy

Raiders, I was out on the harbour last Saturday and moored at Clarke Island where I was approached by a Maritime vessel checking all safety gear, as an "educational check" said the officer.

That was ok, and about an hour later at Quarantine I was inspected by yet another Maritime boat checking all safety gear and informing courteously about the open water line at the Heads.

Personally I didn't mind this at all and I am happy to see Maritime's increased presence on the water. So often I encounter the wombats on the water who have little or no regard for the smaller boat operators like myself, so it's refreshing to see the authoroties out there for a change. Really, if you own a boat and have all the required saftey gear, then you should have no worries. These guys I find are ususlly quite good.

Did any body else have checks done?

Tuffy

Incidentally, it was a sh$#house day for the fishing. I only ended up with a school shark about one meter long.

Personally I didn't mind this at all and I am happy to see Maritime's increased presence on the water. So often I encounter the wombats on the water who have little or no regard for the smaller boat operators like myself, so it's refreshing to see the authoroties out there for a change.

Really, if you own a boat and have all the required saftey gear, then you should have no worries.

Excellent to see the authorities doing their job. It is a thankless task and it is good to see positive feedback from the Fishraider fraternity Tuffy. :thumbup: Normally we hear only from those who get fined (obviously for a reason), give praise when praise is due.

Good on ya Tuffy. :biggrin2:

Why would you be out there without all the required safety gear???? :wacko:

We were inspected last Sunday by a gorgeous little blonde called Summer !! Had quite a rave about Etecs ( some of their new boats are being fitted with twin 250HP Etecs this year!) . Did the inspection thing , was issued a new sticker , and given a flasho Maritime baseball cap as well !

Ross

We were inspected last Sunday by a gorgeous little blonde called Summer !! Had quite a rave about Etecs ( some of their new boats are being fitted with twin 250HP Etecs this year!) . Did the inspection thing , was issued a new sticker , and given a flasho Maritime baseball cap as well !

Ross

God your a sweet talker Ross. - Did you get her phone number too? :tease:

Ross

250's What the hell do they need those for- they buying even bigger boats?? We are paying the bills with our rego and mooring fees ya know!!! Spend 90% of their time checking moorings. Probably got extra hours of funding from the pope this week as police are active as well.

There is 3 girls on the boats now so you'll have to move around the harbour and meet them all Ross as they work different areas but I'll let you into a secret - two do the late night middle harbour security check so just run around without your nav lights on and they will find you. You could try drifting through the Spit a few times in the channel - they like that.

Gee did I forget to tell you which night- oh well you'll just have to fish 7 nights straight

Pel

Edited by pelican

Cant say too much Carl , :wife: is a Moderator !! :074::074:

Ross

No worries Ross,

I caught up with Miss Summer after you declined her advances and we wet a line or two - so to speak. :074:

Give me a ring if you want to know the size of her snapper :tease:

She says to pass on her good wishes.

Cheers

Carl