Help With Rod Holders On My Boat

hoges1974

raiders

just after a bit of help with some rod holders on my boat. I am currently storing all the rods on the floor when heading out fishing and now i am starting to get a few decent rods and reels i don't want the kids/mates standing on them.

So who has what to store there rods and some pics would be great.

Was thinking about a rocket launcher set up but i don't want it to get in the way when out skiing ect in summer.

We have rod holders positioned around our rails welded on as well as some in the gunnels.

A rocket launcher is the best and neatest way to store rods and it keeps them out of the way!

What sort of boat do you have?

We have rod holders positioned around our rails welded on as well as some in the gunnels.

A rocket launcher is the best and neatest way to store rods and it keeps them out of the way!

What sort of boat do you have?

A Bermuda 510 runabout

post-7433-1216112561_thumb.jpg

post-7433-1216112680_thumb.jpg

Edited by hoges1974

Hi Hoges. Your boat is perfect for fitting some hooks along the inside of the side (does that make sense?)

I dont have any pics but my boat is similar to yours and I clip my rods in some plastic hooks I got from Bias. The various size hooks are fitted along the side of the boat. One for the handle and one along the rod should do it.

Another option is to fit a rod locker along the side. This is good too

I dont like rocket launcher style holders either. I like my boat set up to be able to fight a fish and cast full 360 degrees around the boat.

If you need more info let me know.

Hi Hoges. Your boat is perfect for fitting some hooks along the inside of the side (does that make sense?)

I dont have any pics but my boat is similar to yours and I clip my rods in some plastic hooks I got from Bias. The various size hooks are fitted along the side of the boat. One for the handle and one along the rod should do it.

Another option is to fit a rod locker along the side. This is good too

I dont like rocket launcher style holders either. I like my boat set up to be able to fight a fish and cast full 360 degrees around the boat.

If you need more info let me know.

Hey Roylo thanks for the tips will head over to9 Bias see what they have.

We will get out for a fish soon man i took Holidays this week to go on a houseboat with the kids and you wouldn't believe what happen

I FOOKED MY BACK Saturday at work and am bed ridden

Looks like i may be down for a while 3 bulging discs and lots of pain

Hoges

Strewth Hoges. Your back sounds pretty bloody lousy mate. :( Here's hoping you're on the mend and back out on the water again VERY soon.

Hodgey

thanks mate

was heading down your way as well batemans for a few days on the house boat then 4 days in Narooma with the old man

Ah well next school holidays when it is a bit warmer

Was down there a couple of months ago was going to try out Turos lakes but we were doing pretty well at Narooma so didn't have to travel to far

Ah, that's rotten luck mate. :(

Your dad lives in a GREAT part of the world ... Narooma is a top joint to fish, especially Wagonga, if you're an estuary rat like me. Let me know when you visit next. If you can't make it to Tuross I will head down to Narooma to say gidday. Rest up mate, and good luck!

Hodgey

Ah, that's rotten luck mate. :(

Your dad lives in a GREAT part of the world ... Narooma is a top joint to fish, especially Wagonga, if you're an estuary rat like me. Let me know when you visit next. If you can't make it to Tuross I will head down to Narooma to say gidday. Rest up mate, and good luck!

Hodgey

no worries i get down there a fair bit although only taken the boat once as i have only had it for a few months.

would love to be able to catch up for a fish (or beer lol)

raiders

So who has what to store there rods and some pics would be great.

Was thinking about a rocket launcher set up but i don't want it to get in the way when out skiing ect in summer.

Here are a couple of pics that may be of interest. Made the holder from some spare timber so the cost was zero

Geoff

post-731-1216161142_thumb.jpg

post-731-1216161230_thumb.jpg

Hi Hoges,

I have 2 sets of those Wilson four X rod holders, the type that you mount to the bullbar of a 4wd.

They are mounted either side of my boat along the side pockets on each side, I mounted them as far forward towards the helm end of the boat as i could, so as not to get in the way whilst fishing etc. Gets another 8 rods off the floor for you if you have pockets either side. They work well too, I carry anything from tiagras to bream gear in them and they stay upright with no jumping around at all, in any conditions. I also looked around and got the white ones so they match the colour of the boat.

Hope that helps mate

Allen