Help Spooling Braid On 2500 Stradic

hoges1974

Ok this is all new to me so any help will be appreciated.

I have 125yrds of fireline 6lb line so i guess i will have to add some other line to the spool first.

So really i have no idea

Edited by hoges1974

Correct Hoges you need to add line

Call me i will help spool it

Love your work Johnno. i am bored at home and was gunna gove it a go myself but i know what will happen

Will get in touch soon

Edited by hoges1974

If you have 2 spools then wind on your braid first and then tie an albright knot to some 6lb mono and wind on till you fill your spool, take that one off ,put on the empty spool and then wind away , your mono is now on first followed by the braid and should finish up with perfect capacity.. Hope this helps.. Cheers

If you have 2 spools then wind on your braid first and then tie an albright knot to some 6lb mono and wind on till you fill your spool, take that one off ,put on the empty spool and then wind away , your mono is now on first followed by the braid and should finish up with perfect capacity.. Hope this helps.. Cheers

If I was putting on 6Lb braid I would recommend about 12Lb mono for backing so it closely matches the strength of the braid.

I use this technique aswell when Im filling up a new reel but for some reason when I turn it around and put the mono on first it fills up slightly more than with the braid on first. So now I put a little less than what I want and then when I turn it around its perfect.

Hi

On a 2500 size spool i generally add 12-15m of 3kg mono and then the 125yards of 6lb braid fits nicely.

Cheers

Luke

3kg mono is not enough. 6Lb braid is atleast as strong as 12Lb mono. More like 15Lb. So whats going to happen if a hard running fish takes all your braid off under heavy drag and then you get down to much weaker 3kg mono? SNAP!

Edited by Roylo

3kg mono is not enough. 6Lb braid is atleast as strong as 12Lb mono. More like 15Lb. So whats going to happen if a hard running fish takes all your braid off under heavy drag and then you get down to much weaker 3kg mono? SNAP!

Hi Mate

How often will you get into the backing with 125yards of 6lb braid on a 2500 size spool?

It is of my opininion that if you get that far into the backing on a 2500 hundred size real you are not going to stop the fish anyway and if you do there will not be much backing on the spool anyway.

Also the reason why i have used 3kg is because thats what i had available when i put the backing on :1prop:

"Sorry mate not trying say you are wrong cause you are probably right, just my opinion which is what was asked for"

Cheers

Luke

Hi Mate

How often will you get into the backing with 125yards of 6lb braid on a 2500 size spool?

It is of my opininion that if you get that far into the backing on a 2500 hundred size real you are not going to stop the fish anyway and if you do there will not be much backing on the spool anyway.

Also the reason why i have used 3kg is because thats what i had available when i put the backing on :1prop:

"Sorry mate not trying say you are wrong cause you are probably right, just my opinion which is what was asked for"

Cheers

Luke

Nah its cool man all good. But if it was me I would do it like that.

My choice of backing line is based on thickness of the 2 lines i.e. match it up to approx the same thickness. I find knots tie better like this.

Take up that offer from someone to help you .. best way to learn is from someone who knows what they are doing.

One time would be too many if you ask me !

fellow raider -->