Nice Jewfish At Spencer

mmarkich

Nice jewfish 10ftUFO :thumbup: By hooking a jewfish of that size I'll bet your wife will be much keener next time to keep you company down there at Spencer, that's for sure.

For many weeks now the downriver areas have not been producing, and going on good results around Spencer in previous years, it would be definately worthwhile spending a lot more time upriver in places like Marlo and Spencer, rather than wasting bait and good fishing time fishing anywhere between the bridges and the mouth.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

if you ask me i reckon that spencer or berowra waters produce the biggest fish in the hawkesbury (all species). i never seem to have much luck around the bridges or juno etc. my father has caught over 20 jews over 50 lb in berowra alone the top 3 being 84lb 73lb and 68lb and all old school on hand lines. also two years ago in berowra i caught the biggest bream i have ever seen 53cm and 51cm about ten minutes apart from each other and these areas always seem to produce good size flattys too, and the best of all is that these areas are not over crowded. lots of large boat traffic is not comfortable in a ten foot boat lol

..... that's a top catch you got there mate ......nice jewie too. ......

:074::074: funny post! I bet a few others were thinking the same!

G'day 10footUFO

What a terrific post! Congratulations to your better half for hooking & playing the jewie so well!! By the time you got it, I reckon it was ready to roll over & come in timidly!! :) GO GIRL!! All the more so, given the temperature! :1yikes:

Hmmm, I'll have to check out this Spencer Area one day - perhaps we should have a social up there. I have heard of it being a top blackie spot as well as bream, flattie & famous for jews! I have a secret map!! ;) The blackies used to go 4lb plus about 20 years ago - & if not being targetted too much (or netted) now, would probably be similar sized even now!!

Well done on getting out & getting top results! Fresh bait, fresh weather = top fish!

Cheerio

Roberta

Great fish well done

Did you have a beer at the Dunkirk Inn at Spencer to celibrate the catch?..........Does anyone know where the Dunkirk Inn is at Spencer?

Roscoe

Roscoe As to the Dunkirk Inn, it's still there everything's good, except it's a tree. :D

It's down the road from Ma and Pa Hanna's old boat shed and boat hire place.There's an old bench and table where fishermen used to stock up from the old general store across the road and drown their jewfish sorrows at the front of the tree and they had no option but to flash their jewels behind the tree :lol:

Good one mate

Cheers

jewgaffer

if you ask me i reckon that spencer or berowra waters produce the biggest fish in the hawkesbury (all species). i never seem to have much luck around the bridges or juno etc. my father has caught over 20 jews over 50 lb in berowra alone the top 3 being 84lb 73lb and 68lb and all old school on hand lines. also two years ago in berowra i caught the biggest bream i have ever seen 53cm and 51cm about ten minutes apart from each other and these areas always seem to produce good size flattys too, and the best of all is that these areas are not over crowded. lots of large boat traffic is not comfortable in a ten foot boat lol

I agree... I know that the biggest Jews were caught upstream once, but since the erosion matters and the deeper parts of the river becoming filled in the Jews aren't going as far upstream. There used to be some mothers caught in the river where the fresh most often meets the salt. This was in the 70's - the good old days!!

..... that's a top catch you got there mate ......nice jewie too. ......

:074::074: funny post! I bet a few others were thinking the same!

G'day 10footUFO

What a terrific post! Congratulations to your better half for hooking & playing the jewie so well!! By the time you got it, I reckon it was ready to roll over & come in timidly!! :) GO GIRL!! All the more so, given the temperature! :1yikes:

Hmmm, I'll have to check out this Spencer Area one day - perhaps we should have a social up there. I have heard of it being a top blackie spot as well as bream, flattie & famous for jews! I have a secret map!! ;) The blackies used to go 4lb plus about 20 years ago - & if not being targetted too much (or netted) now, would probably be similar sized even now!!

Well done on getting out & getting top results! Fresh bait, fresh weather = top fish!

Cheerio

Roberta

start using that secret map, all the spots my father showed me as a kid 25-30 yrs ago are getting more fish than most other areas. these areas were over fished years ago so people have stopped fishing there but dont realize that the fish have returned. also the new generation dont know about these spots so you will have them to yourself