Sounders

WillN

Hi all,

i've been thinking of buying a sounder and i was wondering how cheap can they go before they're useless? i don't own my own boat, so i'll just be taking it out whenever i hire one. also, has anyone got suggestions for the better brands for those cheapo sounders?

Cheers,

Will

Hi,

Can't remember the brand but I bought it from K- M###, a portable sounder in a plastic carry case. The transducer was suction mounted - you could hook up to a 12volt battery or use 2 x 6volt dolphin torch batteries. Also had a paddle wheel for speed.

Great to use when out in someone else's boat - accurate - but unfortunately not as cheap as the cheap permanent mounted sounders. Like a laptop computer - the smaller - the higher the price.

There are however some cheaper models out there which I have used also - only real difference is that they are in grey scale rather than colour.

Good luck.

Hi,

Can't remember the brand but I bought it from K- M###, a portable sounder in a plastic carry case. The transducer was suction mounted - you could hook up to a 12volt battery or use 2 x 6volt dolphin torch batteries. Also had a paddle wheel for speed.

Great to use when out in someone else's boat - accurate - but unfortunately not as cheap as the cheap permanent mounted sounders. Like a laptop computer - the smaller - the higher the price.

There are however some cheaper models out there which I have used also - only real difference is that they are in grey scale rather than colour.

Good luck.

a cheap sounder might not find fish. but it should still find drop off's and holes. which is where the fish are anyway.