Flatty Fishing

brickman

post-6655-1216798815_thumb.jpgpost-6655-1216797959_thumb.jpghey raiders took my little girl fishing for flathead today at 8.30am did the run across to q point bit off a wild ride

droped the pick at my fav flatty spot and set 4 rods with 4 different baits could'nt get anything feeding in the berly trail not even with a blacky hook

just before high tide we had a solid hit and becca lands a small shovel nose the biggest fish she has boated

to date

that's the way it went for the next hour but my little girl was happy to land some good weight even if they were only shark and rays,she did drop a bango at the boat but we had a good look

pulled the pin at 1.00 and headed over to watsons for fish and chips what a great feed tucked in behind the mored boats on the south side off watsons and had lunch and boated two teves at350mm for cat food

was great to be on the water with my daughter and she was a champ as it pissed down rain most off the time

headed home at2.00pm cherrs gary

Edited by brickman

Nice report and photos, Gary:thumbup:

That daughter of yours deserves a medal for sticking at it under terrible conditions. Seems to have a big grin in both the photos though, so I'm tipping she had as much fun as Dad obviously did. Well done to you both.

Hodgey

In all my life I've never seen a sheila looking so comfortable whilst holding a shark. Geez - I'd even be nervous holding a shovelly like that - I obviously need to toughen up a bit.

And that PJ - bloody good size. Sounds like you and Becca had a great session.

thank guys she suffers the when will the next next fish bite sindrome

and when will we go for lunch thing but loves fishing for dinner[flathead]

and usuly pulls the first fish as with the shovel nose[whitch had a deformed nose]

mondo she was'nt that keen on the pj when i told her what the 2 things were near her hand :074:

but with all kids there that facination as to how diferent the critters of the deep are to the one on terra ferma

i do'nt think becca will be holding any more male pj from now on

cherrs gary