A Land-based Section On The Forum

sherackattack

Hey,

I'm kinda new to this :1prop: and not really sure whether anyone has suggested this, but i was just thinking that if there was a land-based fishing reports section on the forum, it would be a lot easier and convienient for chaps like me and i'm sure, a lot of others, who dont have a boat or don't know anyone that has one, to read reports that we can relate to and can get advice from, such as good fishing spots from the reports..

Moderators, would you please consider this if it isnt too much of a hassle? :tease:

Take it easy,

sherackattack

Format?

I guess it would go along the lines of...

General Fishing Section

[/u]Fishing Reports

Fishing Reports for all areas

Forum Led by: MODERATOR

*** The fishing report section would then have 2 subforums:

'All Land-based reports'

and

'All boating reports'

Something along those lines

Format?

I guess it would go along the lines of...

General Fishing Section

[/u]Fishing Reports

Fishing Reports for all areas

Forum Led by: MODERATOR

*** The fishing report section would then have 2 subforums:

'All Land-based reports'

and

'All boating reports'

Something along those lines

The main problem we see is that even though you can be boat or landbased you can still catch fish from the same location ie Clifton Gardens.

If there were two different posts in two seperate forums with Clifton Gardens as the topic, which one would the members read and which one would get the responses.

The focus is on locations for fishing reports and species captured or released which doesnt include Gamefishing because it is mainly offshore beyond the shelf.

Cheers Stewy

The main problem we see is that even though you can be boat or landbased you can still catch fish from the same location ie Clifton Gardens.

If there were two different posts in two seperate forums with Clifton Gardens as the topic, which one would the members read and which one would get the responses.

The focus is on locations for fishing reports and species captured or released which doesnt include Gamefishing because it is mainly offshore beyond the shelf.

Cheers Stewy

Not sure I understand the problem you talk of. If there was a section totally for land based fishing, like the game fishing and lure and fly sections there shouldn't be any confusion. All posts about LB fishing should be in the LB section (if it happens) If a post was made in that section it would only be about LB fishing. The other fishing report section would then become about boat fishing.

• 3 weeks later...