No Compliance Plate

finaddict

It is illegal to sell most craft without a boat watch tag and certificate so I would suggest it would also be illegal to buy one without it.

I was recently went to purchase a boat without one and I just asked the seller to get it carried out before the purchase which they did without any problems and I went through with the sale. It was easy but I do not know if purchasing a boat and then getting the certificate yourself would be as easy.

I would suggest that maybe Huey would have more information.

Guest MRSIWANNAJEWY

how old is the boat? I thought they didnt have tags on older boats? only capacity plate's.

Guest MRSIWANNAJEWY

Sorry guys, I should have specified that it is brand new. Does this make a difference?

Thanks,

If it's brand new then it should have a tag that at least state's boat horsepower capacity and maximum person capacity.

Do you mean a boatcode plate? Look up maritime website on details of boatcode. All new boats that are to be registered should come with one.

New boats would have a builders plate.

Capacity sticker should be near helm if builders plate isn't.

Edited by pelican

Hi, all new boats SHOULD have not only a compliance plate with weight and HP rating, but they need to have a Hull Identification Number (HIN) also.

If not something is wrong and I would not buy it,

Cheers,

Huey.

Hey Raiders,

I was just wondering if I purchased a boat with no compliance plate how much would it cost for me to get one? and what processes are in place?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanks guys,

hi....if the trailor was regestered before 1985...you dont need a complience plate but the trailor will have a number stamped on the draw bar you can use that...that IS the law... after 1985 you need a complience plate...if prior to 1985 and you get it regestered and let it run out then its back to the complience plate..any questions send me a pm...i have been here with a bike trailor...bob

hi....if the trailor was regestered before 1985...you dont need a complience plate but the trailor will have a number stamped on the draw bar you can use that...that IS the law... after 1985 you need a complience plate...if prior to 1985 and you get it regestered and let it run out then its back to the complience plate..any questions send me a pm...i have been here with a bike trailor...bob

whoa i thought we were talking about the boat plate not the trailer??