Quick Flick Cooks River Landbased

Had nothing on this arvo so decided to go flick some plastics round the cooks river. Fished the last of the run in and start of the turn until the rain started coming.

Chucked around a few squidgy fish, wrigglers and some of the new pro range ones for a big fat donut, not even a tap :tease:

Thats a big fat 0 from 7 visits to the cooks over the last 8-10 months.

Had nothing on this arvo so decided to go flick some plastics round the cooks river. Fished the last of the run in and start of the turn until the rain started coming.

Chucked around a few squidgy fish, wrigglers and some of the new pro range ones for a big fat donut, not even a tap :tease:

Thats a big fat 0 from 7 visits to the cooks over the last 8-10 months.

i have also been having a flick around the cooks for the last month with not a touch. tried pleanty of different plastics .

Was thinking about going for a flick tomorrow but might try in the Georges somewhere

it can definatly br a touch and go type place at times. It WAS quite today. I only managed a handful from spots that usually produce there fair shair. Come mid august it should start to fire up a bit (according to my past experience). Where abouts were you fishing around??

Mitch

Depends on which direction the wind is coming from ill fish either side of the river and just move along the bank/wall casting a million times every few meters.

Today i just fished the tower side.

Its definitely been much quieter than it was 18+ months ago :thumbdown:

Depends on which direction the wind is coming from ill fish either side of the river and just move along the bank/wall casting a million times every few meters.

Today i just fished the tower side.

Its definitely been much quieter than it was 18+ months ago :thumbdown:

HI

I have flicked a few spots in the cooks over the past yr or so & have had mixed results also . I have found

the best times are at the top & run out of the tide.

Have you tried the small creek that runs up to the fishing club after the boat ramp? I have hooked a few

good sized fish there . Two weeks ago I hooked a Trev which gave me a good run for a time on the light gear .

It was aprox 45 cm . It went back in fore a swim to the bay as I dont keep any fish from this aera .

Also I have flicked from the shore as far up as Marrickville golf course and hooked up to some good sized

bream flaties trevs & small jew but I do agree it is a bit slow at the moment .

May see you there some time .

Regards Bob

Hey Bob,

Yeh i try to only fish the top of the tide and run out as it has worked best for me in the past.

Up the creek ive only had limited success but i havent really spent that much time up there, just caught the odd trev and flattie.

Cheers,

Nathan