Central Coast And Lightning At Orange

lamiglass

Three great photos codfisho! Well done mate! :thumbup:

I like them all.

If you like taking lightning shots, I can give you a good tip, DON'T hold a 12 foot beach rod in the air during a thunderstorm, otherwise you might end up with an extreme close-up! :1prop:

I nearly got caught beach fishing at Cronulla a few years ago when a wild storm rolled in. I've never run so fast in my life! Beach rods and lightning don't mix.

Cheers

Peter

NIce pics Codfisho,

I see your from Orange. I used to live out there. I think the missus got some good pics of the snow yesterday. Ill see if I can post em up, sure was a lot of it and im glad I was here in Sydney

MItch

Glad to see you guys liked the pics , and Pete i have had a close encounter with lightning before , on the beach , i near shat so i too did the bolt and left the rod there in the sand spike until the storm cleared.

Hey there Hooked4life, i didn't use any filters . But it was taken with a Canon S1is , and the lightning pics as well. Its not an SLR but if you experiment a bit you can take some cool shots.

I take the film SLR with me as well and use the digital to get the right settings ( after some mucking around ) and then put the same settings to my SLR and take a nice pic.

Hey Mitch, The Snow was thick as bricks here on Thursday mate, i went to Bathurst for a drive and on the way back we got hammered by Snow. We only just got home and they shut the Highway some 10 mins after , bloody close call cause the road was still shut untill the following morning, The papers delivered from Sydney had to sent Via Mudgee to Orange. A truck passed me and i sat up his ass , 20 k's to travell and we were doing 30-40 kmh. post your pics i'll have a look, Cheers guy's from Gav.