Breamin Reals

mitch

Hey guys,

Just wondering your thoughts on shimano vs Diawa reals. I have always fished with Shimano Stradics/sustain but have recently been playing with th TDZ 2000 and I think they are an awesome solid reel. Yes there is a price diference but just thought I'd ask the raiders opinion in both brands. so what do you prefer....???

Mitch

I have to say that I'm with the other guys - I now have a TD-Z and two Certates, and they rock! They also have a drag system that would stop a truck.

The best thing of all (particularly with the Certates) is that they seem to be very easy to keep in great condition - a quick rinse after every trip and they're still purring like the day I bought them.

If you can, give 'em a go - you won't be disappointed.

They also have a drag system that would stop a truck.

30587[/snapback]

I OWN a truck! Wanna put your money where your mouth is???? :risata::risata:

I ahve both Shimano's and Daiwa's. Granted they are in the cheaper range than what is mentioned here, but I have to admit...I prefer the Diawas.

I have both but the only shimano reels I have are a 3500 baitrunner and a small baitcaster. The rest are mostly Daiwa.

I think that Daiwa make better reels and I have the 6500gt Saltiga and it is an awsome peice of machinery, but its the engineering of all Daiwa reels that makes me keep buying them. Very smooth and very solid construction.

Cheers

Lee

Since buying two Cerates I seem to have written a fair bit about them in recent posts. To cut a long post short they are without doubt, the smoothest reel I have ever used, even my Luvias and Twinpower feel 'rough' compared to them. that's not to say that the Luvias and T'power aren't great reels, but they don't compare to the Certates.

1500 size Daiwa's are a little bigger than 1000 size Shimano's and in some cases are slighlty heavier too. However, for me, the advantages the Daiwa's have in terms of bail arm, drag and gearing performance, far outweigh their size limitation.

Joe

Edited by Pukka