Fuel Tanks

Golden Monk

How many fuel tanks do you all generally have aboard, my tank currently is 20 litres which doesn't seem like it would be enough for a day fishing out on the harbour and surrounds.

I did use it on Sunday and didnt seem to get that much range out of it.

Do you all generally carry more than one tank on board?

How much fuel do you think is adequate for a day out on the water for somewhaere like Sydney Harbour.

I've got a 50HP Yamaha 2-Stroke on the back of the Polycraft and carry 2 x 25L tanks, the worst I've done is about 35L in a hard days fishing.

30711[/snapback]

Ok thanks Dave, that prolly about in line with my boat for fuel tanks, I have a stessl edgetracker 435 with a 50 2 stroke on the back.

I will get another tank of 30 litres or so me thinks then.

Did they have an option of an underfloor in the 435? How much was it and what size if they did?

30767[/snapback]

Yeah they did have an option for it, didnt see the need for it when ordering..60 litre under floor tank, not sure what the price was actually.

Edited by Golden Monk

If you think you can still get under there, and have room for the plumbing, I have one that you might want at a reasonable price. :thumbup: Mine is alloy, and shaped to fit the bottom my hull and holds 70 lt or so.

If you think you can still get under there, and have room for the plumbing, I have one that you might want at a reasonable price. :thumbup: Mine is alloy, and shaped to fit the bottom my hull and holds 70 lt or so.

30923[/snapback]

Cool, i'm going to unscrew the floor and have a look under there..will let you know.

Guest Big-Banana

I have a 200L tank under the floor. Thats heaps for an Optimax 175. 150km and it only used 1/3 of tank. But now that its getting a bit older (2.5 years) its becoming a bit more thirsty.

I'll dig it out of the garage and take some pics and dimensions for you!

31029[/snapback]

No need now jocool, I unscrewed the floor deck and to many beams and support under there as well as a heap of foam, no way anything would fit in there.

Will just buy a larger tank which will hopefully fit under the back seat where the current one fits.

No worries Dan. Mine was made to suit my boat. It was made in a T shape to fit between the stringers and other substructure.

There some decent tanks to be had from places like Whitworths and Bias. There is a Bias store near ABA on Batt street. Go in there and put your name down to recieve their free catalouge. Comes out quarterly, and they will send it to you whenever it is published. :thumbup:

No worries Dan. Mine was made to suit my boat. It was made in a T shape to fit between the stringers and other substructure.

There some decent tanks to be had from places like Whitworths and Bias. There is a Bias store near ABA on Batt street. Go in there and put your name down to recieve their free catalouge. Comes out quarterly, and they will send it to you whenever it is published. :thumbup:

31183[/snapback]

I think I will most likely just get another 25 ltr tank or whatever largest fits under the back flooring, but with the way I measure things i'll end up measuring something wrong , alreqdy measured it last night but forgot to take into consideration the upper part where you need to slide the tank through as this is narrower and not as long as the underneath part where the tank would sit(hope this is somewhat clear).

I would say my best bet would to be to hook up the boat ang go to bias, see what fits.

Edited by Golden Monk