Where To Go For A Fishing Weekend

ORES

Hey Guys,

Its warming up and would like to go on a fishing week end with the boys.

I was wondering if any one can sugest a destination arround 2 hrs drive where we could take our boat. Im looking for some accomodation for 3 but more importantly that can accomodate my boat.

Has any one been to any coastal resorts that they can recomend with some gr8 accomodation and waterways for fishing? Preferably with inshore and offshore waters incase of bad weather.

Sugestions would be very appreciated.

Cheers :thumbup:

i go down 2 bendalong twice a year and stay at the menyana holliday resort (i think)

its great there. have kangaoos eating out of my hand. also rainbow lorikeets. there are a few car sized sting rays that inhabit the boat ramp..

but ramp lately has been almost a 4wd ramp as the sand has been all over the ramp on low tides..

is more of an offshore fishery thou.. not sure what u were after thou.

i go down 2 bendalong twice a year and stay at the menyana holliday resort (i think)

its great there. have kangaoos eating out of my hand. also rainbow lorikeets. there are a few car sized sting rays that inhabit the boat ramp..

but ramp lately has been almost a 4wd ramp as the sand has been all over the ramp on low tides..

is more of an offshore fishery thou.. not sure what u were after thou.

Cheers mate,

Do you just park the boat on the road? What sort of boat do you launch at that ramp? Ive got a commodore s/w, supose it wouldnt be recomended for that ramp.

Cheers

hey mate.. we launch boats as small as 4.5 brookers.. up 2 6.3M markhams..

lately every time ive gone on the low tide we have needed a 4wd... but the last ime i went was june long weekend and it was the time of king tides...

i guess if they are small tides u wont have a problem???

if u hold off till november 8-9 ill be down there with about 20 ppl 4 a club outing. we will have lots of 4wd's 2 help u out. and would be more then welcome 2 show u our spots that we fish down there so u can bring plenty of fish home (well hopefully) haha. but inside the caravan park is massive. they have over 20 cabins heaps of full time caravans.. also lots of tent sites.. and great facilities.. and best of all heaps of parking.. and also a boat wash down are..

also a great playground 4 the kids.

hey mate.. we launch boats as small as 4.5 brookers.. up 2 6.3M markhams..

lately every time ive gone on the low tide we have needed a 4wd... but the last ime i went was june long weekend and it was the time of king tides...

i guess if they are small tides u wont have a problem???

if u hold off till november 8-9 ill be down there with about 20 ppl 4 a club outing. we will have lots of 4wd's 2 help u out. and would be more then welcome 2 show u our spots that we fish down there so u can bring plenty of fish home (well hopefully) haha. but inside the caravan park is massive. they have over 20 cabins heaps of full time caravans.. also lots of tent sites.. and great facilities.. and best of all heaps of parking.. and also a boat wash down are..

also a great playground 4 the kids.

Thanks for the invite and the offer to help, Ive got a 5.25 brooker my self and thats roughly when I would like to go, buisness comitments pending.

And my mate recons he is looking at geting a 4wd again, hopefully by then.

Ill check it out with the boys and ill keep in touch.

Mate where ever I go, cant wait to :1fishing1: and have a :beersmile: or 50.

Edited by STUCATZ

Hey Guys,

Its warming up and would like to go on a fishing week end with the boys.

I was wondering if any one can sugest a destination arround 2 hrs drive where we could take our boat. Im looking for some accomodation for 3 but more importantly that can accomodate my boat.

Has any one been to any coastal resorts that they can recomend with some gr8 accomodation and waterways for fishing? Preferably with inshore and offshore waters incase of bad weather.

Sugestions would be very appreciated.

Cheers :thumbup:

What about the Shoalhaven?

Nice caravan park, next door to the wildlife sanctuary.

Used to frequent that area regularly - albeit for water skiing, but looked the goods for freshwater in the upper reaches, saltwater estuary, however I never ventured towards the sea. Maybe other Raiders could elaborate on the accessability of the ocean from this tributary.

Alternatively, Sussex Inlet was also a beautiful destination - nice Caravan Park, plenty of prawns to be had, access to the sea is via a pretty mild bar crossing, but the inlet itself is full of lizards just waiting to take the poddy mullet you catch close by the boat ramp in the caravan park. A little further I know - but worth it.

Good Luck

Jervis Bay :thumbup:

Great inshore and off shore fishing,

A little over 2hrs towing but a great spot.

How high class do you want to go with the accom? And will you have a dog?

Robbie.

Mate, three beds, a fridge for the beer and no dogs, whell the four leged ones anyway.

Do you know a place? there? Ive been ther a few times but never stayed there the night.

Cheers

i know it's a bit far but harrington would be worth considering

security swip card at the caravan park plenty off room for the boat,cabins up to 6 beds

breakwall fishing inside and out

manning river.crowdy head for going out side

walk to the pub and shops :biggrin2: good food and the shop across the road from the caravan park will supply what ever bait you wont and store your fish for you

how cool is that gary

If you're keen to get away....far, far away then check out the following link:

http://koala-shores-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/

We've been here 4 times in the last 2 years & nothing beats it (yet). :thumbup: Plenty of room for either camping or vans. There are onsite cabins etc as well.

5-10 minute drive to the boat ramp & jetty at Port Stephens & approx 40 minutes from Nelson Bay if you're keen for some whale watching.

Thanks to Fishing Monthly Reports:

http://reports.fishingmonthly.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=2982

Estuary:

A few whiting hanging around the Shoal Bay jetty, plenty of trumpeters in the back reaches, Taylors Beach, Mud Point. Good bream off Oakey, Rocks Awash and North Arm Cove leases. Blackfish still solid off both walls and the jetties. A few flatties turning up in the Myall and the Karuah. Kings still on the breakwall.

Beaches:

Salmon galore and they’re getting bigger and bigger. Stockton also has a few bream; bream on Middle Rock at Samurai, a few flathead on Grannys. Bream under the green hill at Fingal.

Salmon on all headlands, tailor One Mile and Sunny Corner, fair run of pigs on the south side of Boulder Bay through to Rocky. Blackfish at Honeysuckle and Tailor Rock. Bream around Fingal Island at the Grit Hole.

Offshore:

Snapper up in the shallows at Broughton and the Breakers, a few kings around the Esmerelda Bommie and the front of Fingal Light. Flathead on the Little Island drift. A few jackets out on The V and yellowfin on the shelf when you can get there.