First Bass Of The Season

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

After a long and pretty fishless winter it was time to dust of the bass gear for another season of bronze battles :thumbup:

headed locally for a quick flick this morning and despite near freezing water temps came up tight to this guy. :biggrin2:

post-2475-1220162400_thumb.jpg

bring on summer :thumbup::yahoo:

Well done Kael, very nice early season effort. I am planning a couple of overnight trips into the nepean area soon, hope to get some early bass too. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Good to hear from you mate.

how are those trout going over the mountains?

i got in only one trout session last season :thumbdown:

the bass kept me going though :thumbup:

cheers

kael

Alls well Kael, only the one session on the trout last season, we must change that. Been hooking into a few at Wentworth Falls Lake lately, some good fish too,must head west again when I can, cant wait to get back out to the fish river as my casting has improved quite a bit over the last 12 months. If I am heading out that way soon I will pm you and see if you can make it. Take care and hope you continue doing well on the bass front. cheers Jamie

Alls well Kael, only the one session on the trout last season, we must change that. Been hooking into a few at Wentworth Falls Lake lately, some good fish too,must head west again when I can, cant wait to get back out to the fish river as my casting has improved quite a bit over the last 12 months. If I am heading out that way soon I will pm you and see if you can make it. Take care and hope you continue doing well on the bass front. cheers Jamie

Hey mate

How's the water quality there now? Got told that eating the trout from there can be a risky proposition? Being from Penrith it would be a little bit closer to go than lyell

Cheers

TG

Hi Tommy G, When it comes to trout I am a strictly a catch and release fisherman so I cant really comment on the eating qualities of the local trout, I have eaten trout on a few occasions and never really took a liking to the taste. Water quality at Wentworth Falls Lake doesnt seem too bad, it certainly dirties up a bit after rain but the lake tends to clear up quite quickly and the trout I have been catching lately have all fought well above their weight and are very healthy. They seem to spend most of their time chasing small galaxias and the like so a bead head wooly bugger allowed to sink a bit and then a slow jerky retrieve has been doing the trick. Hooked into something quite large a couple of days ago but a little slack line meant the fish spat the hook after about 30 seconds or so ,it had some serious weight to it, shame I couldnt land it as it would have been my best fish to date. I normally fish the lake a few times a week so if you are thinking of heading up this way shoot me a pm and I will try to catch up for a fish. cheers troutboy