New Eggbeater

tentonner

Looking at buying a new reel for bottom fishing around sydney harbour and pittwater

Probably put around 8/10 pound line on it. The Shimano's are nice but don't know if i

want to spend that much. Any opinions or experiences with reels around the $200 mark

would be very interested to hear?

mate the simarno reels are all i buy mainly because off the 3 year warranty

i've had them all up to the sarros mmmmmmmmsarros so smooth to cast

they all catch fish but i usuly spend just as much on the braid as the reel cost i think the line quality is more important

gary

mate i have 3 stellas a twin power and a stradic and are all nice i think a stradic int a 4000 size would suit u nicely will fit plenty of line and has the dragto spin up kings on sp's its worth spending the money as u get a warranty with it and the stradic will outlast the warranty. theres nothing else id recommend other than shimano.and for 8-10 pound u want no more than a 4000 for in the harbour.

goodluck

.....Probably put around 8/10 pound line on it. ......... Any opinions or experiences with reels around the $200 mark

would be very interested to hear...?

Take a look at the quality of Banax. They have been discounted to around $150 and up to $180 for their largest spinning reel.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

G'day mate, there are a couple of shimano reels that are a good price, they are the SYMETRE and the SAHARA, they are good budget reels, my mate and I use them and they are fine for what you want to do, They are 4000 series and cost about the $120.00 mark.. Cheers..

G'day mate, there are a couple of shimano reels that are a good price, they are the SYMETRE and the SAHARA, they are good budget reels, my mate and I use them and they are fine for what you want to do, They are 4000 series and cost about the $120.00 mark.. Cheers..

Ray isn't wrong.

I had a Sahara 4000 and a Sedona 4000 for 7 years, I passed the Sahara onto a friend who needed a reel and it never failed me or him and in fact he still uses it today.

It's all about taking care of your reels as even the most expensive reel won't last long if it's not looked after, so as long as you look after your reels they'll last you for quite a while.

Edited by reLapse

Looking at buying a new reel for bottom fishing around sydney harbour and pittwater

Probably put around 8/10 pound line on it. The Shimano's are nice but don't know if i

want to spend that much. Any opinions or experiences with reels around the $200 mark

would be very interested to hear?

I will add my 2 bob,

There is a lot of reels in the $200 price range you have indicated, and all the advice already offered is sound and products good.

A lot depends on what you wish to target, bream flathead whiting etc. a 2000 - 2500 -3000 is adequate.

If you wish to target some of the larger species, Kings, jews it becomes a different game and a heavier kit is required.

Shimano have a great range of products, the Symetre is well under the 200 in a 2500 and a good offering the Stradic being a bit better again and still in the range 10 Year warranty.

I have several okumas ,none have failed me yet EB20, IS20 and a VS30 all are good to use all in the ballpark but a bit cheaper than the shimano offerings. Lifetime warranty ??

My reels of preference are Daiwas but I can only pass a comment on the Caldi Kix in this price range as that is all i have and it is great. 2000 with 10lb cataway braid and its grat with SP's HB's for bream flatties and whitting.

The Penn gear in the heavier stuff is also pretty bullet proof

Hope this helps

Time for bed

• 1 month later...