Abt- Day 2 Update

Pukka

Day 1 has been and gone, I feel b*ggered already and there's still 2 days to go! :biggrin2:

I haven't checked the official standings yet, but before we left the weigh-in, there were already a couple of very big bags of fish bought in.

Andrew Cowling had a 5 bag of bream for a little over 4 kilos, Wade Eaton also had a 4 kilo plus bag that contained some absolute horses. However, I got the impression from then on down the leader board, it's pretty close, but like I said, I haven't seen the final placings for the day yet.

Me and MickC had a great day's fishing, pulling heaps of fish - we even had a couple of double hook-ups which is a great buzz during a comp'.

We had our 5 fish limit by about 8.30 and upgraded all of them by the finish, but unfortunately we just couldn't find the Mr Big that was gonna help our bag along.

We ended up with a respectable 2.67kg total for the day and we'll be trying our very best to improve on that tomorrow.. as the ol' saying goes.. "it ain't over 'til the fat lady has done her business". :)

Pukka

Edited by Pukka

hey fishraiders

you can check out all of the results of day one at www.bream.com.au,,, wow the biggest bag went 4.17kg there must be some stonkers in there,,, your doing well pukka some people only got one bream,, keep it up fellows.. come on mick r get up there and kick some ass mate

Thanks for the report Joe and goodluck today to the fishraiders, its only going to get tougher and tougher. Cross my fingers u and ross can find some thumpers today and tomorrow.

hey fishraiders

you can check out all of the results of day one at www.bream.com.au,,, wow the biggest bag went 4.17kg there must be some stonkers in there,,, your doing well pukka some people only got one bream,, keep it up fellows.. come on mick r get up there and kick some ass mate

That 4kg bag is a great kicker for the leaders, they were in the shootout last year and looks like they will be in the prize money again. Apparently Mick had a nasty day yesterday with everything that could go wrong did so. Puts them out of contention unfortunately but don't worry David I'll put some $$ on them getting their bag today with the nerves settled, hopefully a good bag aswell.

Phew, just got back.

Well, how 'bout GregL and Patrick's bag?

I saw him emptying the fish into the weigh bag and my jaw dropped :1yikes: It was a cracker of a 5 bag and I think someone said it was a record of some sort. Well done to the both of you! :thumbup:

Mick and me had a tough day today, after yesterdays swarms of fish we only managed to muster 6 or 7 legal's, fortunately one of those was a half decent fish and that upped our weight tally and placing a little from yesterday. We can't complain though, as I know a lot of people did it pretty tough out there in the conditions.

Fingers crossed we can find 1.. 2... 3... or 4 stonkers tomorrow, 'cause I think we'll need 'em! :1fishing1::biggrin2:

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, for the moment we're 1 place above Tim Morgan, so it's not all bad :biggrin2:

Joe

p.s. Swoff' Paul Taylor is Windy Matt