Blackfish

anthony f

I was fishing by myself but my wife was sitting on a beach chair on the sand 20 yards behind me. Thursday was a great day. I am on the clarence and the water feels to be warming up nicely thanks. The spot can only be fished on the top halves of the tide, as if I went there at low there would be very little or no water. I was using cabbage and mainly do but a mate regularly uses weed with even results. There does need to be a little wash to give the fish cover as it is so shallow. The spot has been gone for some months and as of the last big seas has returned, it is nothing more than a gutter but the fish love it and use it to feed right up onto the beach. AND finally yes there where more but 1 photo of a nice fish straight out of the water is far prettier and nicer for me to have than a whole lot of dis-coloured, cut dead ones.

Edited by TDH

Thanks for the kind words people. Yes it is great when they come on and the fish I caught that day where still roed up. The mighty little blackfish may deserve a tourism award as each winter people flock to the yamba/iluka area to catch them. This keeps local business active while all the summer bombardment isn,t here.(and some mighty fine people you meet)

I hope some will be there in 15mins. although the wind might be a pest

P.S. a howling on-shore put pay to that plan

Edited by TDH