Fishing Reefs Off Broken Bay

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Hutcho and I went out off Broken Bay early today, we tried West Reef for not much, then we headed up to Copacabana to maybe find the salmon, but they were no where to be found, so we potted back towards Box Head ,we stopped at a reefy spot just off Little beach, this was a bit of fun , we caught some crimson banded wrasse, a few sergeant bakers, small reddies, Hutcho won that bit with most fish caught , I got the biggest with a huge male sergeant, he must have about 60 cms or so. Hutcho did eventually get a 35cm pan size reddie and we kept a couple of 6 spine leather jackets.

The day was great , the wind was weird though, NE out wide , W in close..

Anyway thats it some more pics to look at as well as one of me and 2 girlfriends.. Cheers People..

post-3371-1221282500_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1221282536_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1221282569_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1221282598_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders, Hutcho and I went out off Broken Bay early today, we tried West Reef for not much, then we headed up to Copacabana to maybe find the salmon, but they were no where to be found, so we potted back towards Box Head ,we stopped at a reefy spot just off Little beach, this was a bit of fun , we caught some crimson banded wrasse, a few sergeant bakers, small reddies, Hutcho won that bit with most fish caught , I got the biggest with a huge male sergeant, he must have about 60 cms or so. Hutcho did eventually get a 35cm pan size reddie and we kept a couple of 6 spine leather jackets.

The day was great , the wind was weird though, NE out wide , W in close..

Anyway thats it some more pics to look at as well as one of me and 2 girlfriends.. Cheers People..

good on ya ray...... I just came back from 5 days at bawley point....... great surf but sod all fish.....managed to hand spear some occies for hopefully kings/reds at the banks down culburra ray...skinning them is a chore though....