Nepean River

Dan1977

Hi All

Had a few hours to kill last Friday so decided to stay local and head to the nepean. After a failed bass session a few days earlier (still reckon it might be a bit early) I decided to do the river a favour and try to extract a carp or two. So I picked up a tin of the trusty edgells corn kernels and down I went.

After an hour without a touch I suddenly had an enquiry on one of the two rods, the rod didn't exactly buckle so first thought was eel, cattie or maybe a small carp. Upon striking I felt a fair bit of weight and I think the big fella realised what was happening and took off, the reel then started screaming.

After 5 or 6 minutes and a couple of runs and some resistance to come to the surface I netted this fat, ugly behemoth. I've seen longer carp but he had a gut on him!

post-8294-1221474999_thumb.jpg

Anyway didn't get another enquiry so packed her up. After having a bit of fun catching this guy I decided to head again today (Monday) and once again after about 40 minutes with nothing I started to get a few little touches and a more solid enquiry, still not a massive buckle but again a good fish went for a run. Sorry for the pic quality but forgot the camera and the girlfriend took the pic on my crappy phone..He was probably as long if not longer than the other one but not as fat

post-8294-1221475325_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Tommy G

G'day Tommy,

I recall in the 80's fishing and water skiing in the Nepean. Nothing like floating waiting for the boat to pull you back up on the skis and some dirty monster of an eal grabbing your leg and pulling you under.

Is the tractor still there to launch your boat??

Anyways, a few photos of some moster carp that you can aspire to catch.

Cheers

Mariner

G'day Tommy,

I recall in the 80's fishing and water skiing in the Nepean. Nothing like floating waiting for the boat to pull you back up on the skis and some dirty monster of an eal grabbing your leg and pulling you under.

Is the tractor still there to launch your boat??

Anyways, a few photos of some moster carp that you can aspire to catch.

Cheers

Mariner

G'day Mariner

Yeah you do get some filthy big eels in there, hooked a fairly large one a couple of weeks back using worms. As for the boating side of things all I know of is the boat ramp at Tench reserve.

Gee those carp get massive in europe don't they!

TG