Harbour Sesh

gibodfisho

Bought myself a new outboard and wanting to run her in and have a fish decided on fishing east and west of the Bridge. Kept an eye out for any surface action on the way east from Siverwater but no joy there. Ended up fishing in some bays near Taronga Zoo with only 1 follow from a bream and some little pinkies. After changing to 2pnd fluro straight through finally got a legal flathead and a few more hits. Decided a move was needed and went to work some flats. First cast must have hit another flatty on the head but after having a dozen or so kayaks paddle within casting distance I moved on again. Found a patch of fish around the boat hulls adjacent to theese flats boated 3 trevs a whiting and another 2 flatties. Had planned to meet the misses as she was involved in a fund raiser for Alzeimers day along the banks of the Parra river and with the wind picking up decided to move back west. After docking the boat at Newington wharf she shouted a snag sanger and a drink all in the name of charity, I deemed it was time to tackle some bream. Spun some flats picking up 3 good fish and some just unders. Mission accomplished with variety on the east side, dirty brawlers on the west. Motor ran well, has 4hrs up, 115hp on 5.1m tinnie I think she will do the job :wacko:

Edited by gibodfisho

I reckon you can count that as a successful day gibodfisho.

The new outboard goes okay, you get a few fish both east and west of the bridge and a snag sanga from the missus! :thumbup: Perfect!

It sounds like the bream ("dirty brawlers") gave you a bit fun.

Cheers

Peter

I reckon you can count that as a successful day gibodfisho.

The new outboard goes okay, you get a few fish both east and west of the bridge and a snag sanga from the missus! :thumbup: Perfect!

It sounds like the bream ("dirty brawlers") gave you a bit fun.

Cheers

Peter

Great weather too. Cooked up the flattie and trev fillets last night and they were a treat as well.

Bream always give a good account of themselves on light tackle, and I am a big fan.

Nice session Dave

Good luck at the grand final :thumbup:

Andrew I was going to say :Funny-Post: to your reply.

Going on the topic heading I thought you meant gibodfisho made the grand final in his own private tournament, East of the bridge V West of the bridge. :lol: I had no idea he made the ABT Bream Grand Final.

gibodfisho good luck in the ABT bream tournament :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Thanks Andrew and Jewgaffer. Hope to kick some goals up on the Goldcoast. Have no idea of where to fish, Nerang, Broadwater, Pin or Moreton Bay, although planning to go for pre-fish over long weekend. Anyone know Moreton Bay??? would it be possible for a tourist to work out the local Bream in a couple of days or is it just too big an ask in such a big open waterway???

PeterS you open a big can of worms asking questions about fighting abilities, especially about two aussie favourites. Both B are R great E lure A and M fly targets, you can read into that how you wish. Cheers Dave

PeterS you open a big can of worms asking questions about fighting abilities, especially about two aussie favourites. Both B are R great E lure A and M fly targets, you can read into that how you wish. Cheers Dave

Hi Dave. I didn't mean to "open a can of worms". I've never caught a 40cm+ bream and I've never done any bass fishing. I've read many reports about the great fighting qualities of both fish and I'd love the chance to make a comparison myself. Of course different rigs, gear and environments make it hard to compare. I suppose both are great fish to catch depending where you are. I was just wondering if experienced fishos (like yourself) who have caught both have a preference and why.

Good luck up on the Gold Coast. Congratulations on getting there. That's a great achievement in itself. Looking forward to hearing about how you went.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Andrew and Jewgaffer. Hope to kick some goals up on the Goldcoast. Have no idea of where to fish, Nerang, Broadwater, Pin or Moreton Bay, although planning to go for pre-fish over long weekend. Anyone know Moreton Bay??? would it be possible for a tourist to work out the local Bream in a couple of days or is it just too big an ask in such a big open waterway???

Hey Dave

Gold Coast is HUGE!

I have fished with Morgo up there socially a few times. The canals hold alot of NSW standard very Av fish but usually plenty of them. There is just to much structure in there to really find hot spots. What I noticed, the enterance corners to the canals with rock bars held nicer fish. Bigger lures kept the smaller ones at bay. We are talking 40+ fish sessions and thats on larger surface lures only!

The broard water has more spacific targets with lots of sand in between making it easier to read in short time.

Havent fished the pin area as yet but again it's got to be easier to read than a place that has structure EVERYWHERE you look!

Bass Vs Bream.

Bass hit the surface harder and more splashy which count for extra points, bream fight longer......

G