Pittwater Squid

spic

tried about 30mins ago of taylors pt wharf for zip im goen out tomz chasing kingies so ill let u kno wer i find the squidies (thats if i do find them hahah)

Jack

Thanks Jack, was thinking of putting a quick session in on Sat but looks like I'll get the chores out of the way and give it a crack next weekend.

Vic

Thanks Jack, was thinking of putting a quick session in on Sat but looks like I'll get the chores out of the way and give it a crack next weekend.

Vic

mate the only place i could find them on friday was of barrenjoey head.... floated them down on some reefs in pittwater and didnt even get a touch! not even the peckers haha

Jack

They are still around, although the numbers have dropped off a bit, I've noticed that the breeding cycle has definatly begun, have had several enounters with the 10 to 20 babies that are not even an inch long.

Was out on Thurs last week, managed 7, and it did take a good hour or so to muster the baits, that ended up as dinner.

Will hit the water on Wed early, so will see if things have improved at all.

wrinks

They are still around, although the numbers have dropped off a bit, I've noticed that the breeding cycle has definatly begun, have had several enounters with the 10 to 20 babies that are not even an inch long.

Was out on Thurs last week, managed 7, and it did take a good hour or so to muster the baits, that ended up as dinner.

Will hit the water on Wed early, so will see if things have improved at all.

wrinks

yeh around this time there are heaps of those little baby squid around which are only like a few cm long. i recon they would be a prime bream bait or good for the kingies when they are being really finicky haha

Jack