Jump to content

New Vin Numbers For Trailer And Boat


Recommended Posts

Hey guys

how can i register a boat if its VIN number on the boat is not visible anymore?

and the trailer has been made at home.. how do i register all this so its all legal?

Hi, the boat will need a HIN (hull identication number). We can do this and it is easy. The trailer will be a bit harder being home made. You will need to take it to your local blue slip place-ring RTA and find that out. They will inspect it, you might need to do a few things and then they will fit a VIN plate and you can than register both boat and trailer.

Hope this help,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...