luderick Heaven

smokinjoe

post-6110-1222556450_thumb.jpg

Well went out yesterday morning before the wind hit, hadnt fished for blackies in years. Had been studying a spot in the Bay for months now and thought it worth a try. So the neighbour and i pull up start burleying and up they come 8 in the bag. Take a quick look out to sea and notice the wind change on a container ship coming in, no sooner had mentioned of wind change and it did, so quickly moved off for another two biggest of the day going 41cm and all extremely healthy fish. Havnt had it for ages so one went straight under the griller, forgotten how sweet the meat is!

So to cut a long story short im back into niggas lol

Hey luderick59, we used weed inside. Was told this by an old bloke weed inside cabbage outside, neighbour had also heard this too. Neighbour and friend bagged out in the spot earlier in the week, he hadnt fished for blackies in 15 yrs lol they got great photos but dont want to put them up as they took the shots where they caught them and you can tell plain as day exactly where they fish so im not showin them lol.

Well done SmokinJoe - nice haul of fish! Glad you hadn't forgotten how to catch them after such a long break! :1prop:

Up here, we use cabbage in the lake as well ...... usually weed on the in tide & cabbage on the out tide (in some areas) but weed will work in most areas most of the time! Pays to have a bit of both with you, just in case!

Cheerio

Roberta

Smoking Joe Nice result on your return the blackfish scene. After studying that Botany spot it looks like you've found a very good one to go back to following your long break from fishing for blackfish.

Just wondering, were you using one of the older blackfish rods with a centre pin reel ?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Jewgaffer, only found the spot after looking closer lol. Funny its one of my favourite vantage points. Considering i look out i decided to look down and whala lol. Nah m8 it was just my squidgy spin outfit, but a lot of the ol fellas around my area that have fished the rocks for years use them, have seen hundreds of those outfits and yes they are still up in their garages lol. Gotta start talking to them for info!