All Over Red Rover

mick r

Back to work today after 4 days bream fishing.

Well to say that i a dissapointed with my result from the aus open is an understatment but that being said.

Ican also say that i had a great time fishing, stressing, jokingand taking in the views that sydney has to offer.. :1yikes::1yikes:

We fished Quiet a few locations on day one the first stop was the lane cove where we could only manage one fish, that was it for the day we caught a lot of 24 point something fish but no keepers.

Day 2 say me and my mate Ben head to iorn cove where we fished the rising tide, we fished the edges with lightly weighted plastics casting up into 1-2 inches of water and working them very slowly back to the boat. Almost instantly Benny hooked a great fish that later went to be over the kilo mark, this fish was hooked in less than a foot of water and the comotion that it made was amazing after the fish was landed and a lot of pats on the back we moved on to Rodd Island and again we caught fish in very shallow water .

We found that we would only get the fish around the rocks.

we moved again over to the pool in Iron cove and worked our way back towards Dobryd aquatic club, catchinf the rest of our bag on the way.

we decide to move again this time to black wattle bay and fished the pyrmont bridge(no size there)

Day 3 saw us go back to black wattle and wait for the tide to get up so we could get back to I.C. once the water rose we fished he edges again with little luck,Back over to rodd island where i hooked a fish at close Quaters (worring not to scratch the Triton) after finally landing it we moved to the Aquatic club and hooked up again this time on the pontoon at the front of the club we fished a little more with no results the time was getting on so i made the call to move to the bridges at ryde

(obtaining Dave W 's premission) The tide was running out so we targeted the eddies letting our 1" nymphs hit the bottom then jigging them as we moved with the flow ben hooked a good fish then my turn, then wack Benny's on again this time a good fish with the drag going i aked ben what size leader he had on and he informed me that it was 12lb after a galant effort by ben the fish safley making it back home to the pole he came from.(that summed up our efforts for the week)

I would like to publicly thank My Boss Pete for the opurtunity to fish out of a state of the art machine the Red Devil(triton tr175 115hp merc) i got the thing to over 50 mph when the river was glassed out with Breamaholik and mitch as witnesses.

well that just about wraps up my Aus open

Cheers Mick.

Here is a few pics..

post-197-1108177956_thumb.jpg

post-197-1108178050_thumb.jpg

Swoffa Just walk over and say hi,

I think that people seem to find me hard to approach???

always time for a chat i dont think that i saw you there(probably because i havent meet ya yet)

Ken, yes very tough but there is always next Year :05::05::05:

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

great report Mick, I reckon u boys can hold your heads high cause u didn't give up after a nasty first day to get your bag limits the next 2. Nice work Ben on that stonker, shame not many photos get taken at these comps. Would like to see a few more fairly detailed reports like yours and Joes, no secret squirrels :thumbup: . Knowing u and Ben u probably only fished the IC wall for the veiws, just so happen to get a few fish on the way :risata:

Edited by Rick T

Swoffa Just walk over and say hi,

I think that people seem to find me hard to approach???

always time for a chat i dont think that i saw you there(probably because i havent meet ya yet)

Ken, yes very tough but there is always next Year :05:  :05:  :05:

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

31507[/snapback]

I was the bloke standing there in a suit looking very out of place amongst a sea of Columbia shirts. :1prop:

All you fisho's were standing around swapping stories of dropped fish, so I watched the weigh-in instead.

31621[/snapback]

I dunno Swoff, I thought you looked pretty snazzy in the suit :risata:

MickP and myself had one of the most frustrating weeks fishing we have ever had, the first two days was just one long list of pinged off fish and missed chances while the 3rd was just plain old bad! All we could hook and land with any sort of consistency were Kingfish (Kingfish are now #1 on my SCUM list :ranting2: ). One memory that will stick with me is Mick hooking up and saying its a good'un and then changing that to "f*****g Kingfish..." :risata:

Our Second day was one that got away from us, I actually solidly hooked a number of better Bream only to see my leader part above the knot (lesson here for everybody, check that leader for notches as often as you can!!!).

Oh well, we went from top of the world finishing 4th last year to being lower than whale poop finishing 32nd this year! There is always next year :biggrin2:

Cheers

Windy