Fixing Scrapes In Fibreglass

bullfrog

Tried to drive on to the trailer today, but sadly the combination of a strong wind & tide caused me to miss my approach slightly and I hit the rear end near the number plate :05::05:

The result was a gouge in the fibreglass about an inch long and 3 cms wide (and deep enough to expose the fibres under the gelcoat).

Can anyone recommend a product that will fill this crack? I only need a small amount of filler but the packs I've seen are too big and most of it will be wasted.

Thank in advance,

Martin

Martin,

I had some similar scratches etc on my last boat right at the bottom of the transom, the fibres were just visible. I used this stuff

http://www.selleys.com.au/products/live/30...arch-fibreglass

I Dont think it was too pricey I bought it in Bunnigs and as the cracks were very small (thumbnail size) I Only used a fraction of the mixture.

Your welcome to the left over as I no longer have a boat to scratch!. I'm in Balmain PM if your interested.

Rgds

Mark

Your welcome to the left over as I no longer have a boat to scratch!. I'm in Balmain PM if your interested.

Rgds

Mark

31678[/snapback]

That's very kind of you Mark, thanks for the offer. I actually called into bias today & picked up a two-part product in a small tin. I put it on tonight (quite easy really), and I just have to sand & polish it tomorrow.

Thanks once again,

Martin