Stormy Rescue Grenade Inflatable Life Ring

Dreamtime

The new Stormy Rescue Grenade inflatable life ring really fills a gap in the safety market. We tested it on a mid-winter’s day at Sydney’s Clovelly beach. It looks like a grenade and is heavy enough to throw pretty accurately to someone in the water, without being too heavy or bulky to fit in a rock fishing backpack. Within five seconds of hitting the water, a compact gas cylinder inflates a life ring (with attached straps), the casing falls away and the person in the water has something to keep them afloat while a rescue gets organised.

From the packaging it appears to be aimed more at the boating market, where it’s equally applicable. But for rock anglers, at $55 or so for a compact device which could save a life (maybe even your own), it’s a great investment.

Looks really good... where can I get one Mariner?? You're right. For $55 you'd be a mug not to carry one onto the rocks. I want one for my boat.

Cheers, Slinky

PS... been trying to PM you to organise the lounge. Not sure if you've been seeing them but get in touch.

Looks really good... where can I get one Mariner?? You're right. For $55 you'd be a mug not to carry one onto the rocks. I want one for my boat.

Cheers, Slinky

PS... been trying to PM you to organise the lounge. Not sure if you've been seeing them but get in touch.

(03)6245 0443.