South West Rocks 26/09/08... Awsome Perch

bunney10

This is my first report so here goes..

Myself and four guys from work have been planning a trip up to SWR for some time now and when the day finally arrived we were all like kids at Christmas

We arrived at the launch bright and early as someone was even more excitedthan the rest of us(Darrell) as he set the friggin alarm for 4 am and the ramp was only 5 mins drive, well what the ****

The skipper Brian of Gunrunner asked us what we would like to catch, with a unanimous decision made we headed of in search of snapper and pearl perch

At the first mark we all dropped the baits as quick as we possibly could ( seeing as there was a schooner on the first fish caught), as soon as the baits hit the bottom in 82meters the fish were more eager than us, and Colin shouts I'm on, soon the other guys are shouting the same and its a race for that schooner, Ive never seen madmen reeling in so fast, now heres the controversy as Mr "Bo-tangles" himself (Colin) gets tangled up with "Big Phil" and theres a debate as to who 's line the fish is hooked on, after a hefty conflab' its decided that Bo-tangles gets the nod

We headed to more and more patches of reef and hit fish on every mark so hats off to Brian for putting us onto the fish,

The next bet was on who had the biggest fish and with me and Phil tying for the lead with one fish left on our limit Darrell hooks what seems like a monster ha ha well its by far the biggest by at least 1.5 kilo so his drinking is also payed for, the best bit was getting a look at Phil's face when Darrell land his fish now he's not only lost the first bet but also the second on the last fish of the day.... unlucky mate

So it only remains to say that i had the perfect day on the water, top blokes, top skipper and top weather

All in all the best day Ive ever had on the water and the catch is ther for all to see,

Can't wait to do it all again

Steve post-7455-1222851994_thumb.jpg

post-7455-1222851951_thumb.jpg

post-7455-1222851940_thumb.jpg

post-7455-1222851978_thumb.jpg

post-7455-1222851964_thumb.jpg

post-7455-1222851921_thumb.jpg

post-7455-1222852004_thumb.jpg

Great report Steve :thumbup:

Sounds like a brilliant session - heaps of fish

SWR is a sensational place alright

What was the bar like? How far did you have travel to get to the reefs?

Hope to hear more good news for your next trip

Cheers

Peter

Great report Steve :thumbup:

Sounds like a brilliant session - heaps of fish

SWR is a sensational place alright

What was the bar like? How far did you have travel to get to the reefs?

Hope to hear more good news for your next trip

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter

The bar was really flat and we went out about 20km north of the boat ramp,

top stuff,got yourselfs a tasty feed there

and congratulations on the widest post ever,lol

awsome

cheers arman

Sorry about the widest report Arman , still geting used to it

Aahhh, Pearlies, pearlies, pearlies. God created fish and then realised that He could make them better, so He created a goddess---THE PEARL PERCH!! The most succulent fish in the sea - bar none!

I am sooo jealous - last caught a few Aug 2007 when in Brisvegas (Mooloolaba) and still dream about them.

Great catch, Steve,

Cheers, Tuffy( mouth watering)