Middle Harbour Kings 1/10/08

thesquidking

Hi guys,

I hit the harbour early this morning in search of squid and it didnt take me long to find them, by 7:30am i caught 7 squid and dropped 1.

With good reports of kingies being caught my hopes were high to say the least.

I was not sure where i should try first, hit the main harbour? Try near Goat Island? But instead i thought ill try one of the many wrecks in middle harbour, if ones not firing try the next i told myself.

First stop the sounder was showing alot of life. I could not even set my four rods before the first two hook ups! Dont you just love it when you drop your first bait and within seconds your reel starts screaming!

I was fishing alone today but the next two hours i could not even sit down for two minutes as baits were getting hit one after the other. I ended up catching 9 kings and got dusted by 4 or 5 kings. The kings ranged from 67cm to 76cm. I kept the first 5 and released the rest.

Excellent day on the harbour, the weather was great and the fishing was awsome.

This season is going to be a ripper.

Thesquidking.

post-4737-1222854243_thumb.gif

Edited by thesquidking

Hi guys,

I hit the harbour early this morning in search of squid and it didnt take me long to find them, by 7:30am i caught 7 squid and dropped 1.

With good reports of kingies being caught my hopes were high to say the least.

I was not sure where i should try first, hit the main harbour? Try near Goat Island? But instead i thought ill try one of the many wrecks in middle harbour, if ones not firing try the next i told myself.

First stop the sounder was showing alot of life. I could not even set my four rods before the first two hook ups! Dont you just love it when you drop your first bait and within seconds your reel starts screaming!

I was fishing alone today but the next two hours i could not even sit down for two minutes as baits were getting hit one after the other. I ended up catching 9 kings and got dusted by 4 or 5 kings. The kings ranged from 67cm to 76cm. I kept the first 5 and released the rest.

Excellent day on the harbour, the weather was great and the fishing was awsome.

This season is going to be a ripper.

Thesquidking.

great report squidking

good to see the kings are back!!!!