Daiwa Moonraker 16'4"

trungie

16'4" :1yikes:

I find my 13'6" can be a little hard to cast at times when the tide is high.. (i.e standing further back from the flat sand.. more on the slope already)

Don't think I could handle a 16' unless I was at least 2 metres tall!!

Graphite definitely the way to go if you're thinking that length.. anything else would be too heavy!

I'd go with the 13'8" personally...

I like Daiwa rods (Have a tierra 7' and Heartland 12')

But if I was to get another surf rod, I don;t know that i could go past the tiralejo's from shimano...

Edited by throw me a fish

HI GeekFisherman!

My mate has two of this rods. Tried it and its beautiful to cast even with the light star sinker. It can

outcast my sensor surf 13 footer with a Saltiga surf easily and he's using a 16000 Thunnus in both.

But I think its too shiny and you wouldn't want a scratch on it. Personally I wont buy it and stick with my

Sensor Surf and Sealine X 11ft beach rods which is lighter than the Sensor evn if you put a heavier

6000 size reel on it.

Cheers,

JON

HI GeekFisherman!

My mate has two of this rods. Tried it and its beautiful to cast even with the light star sinker. It can

outcast my sensor surf 13 footer with a Saltiga surf easily and he's using a 16000 Thunnus in both.

But I think its too shiny and you wouldn't want a scratch on it. Personally I wont buy it and stick with my

Sensor Surf and Sealine X 11ft beach rods which is lighter than the Sensor evn if you put a heavier

6000 size reel on it.

Cheers,

JON

WANNAFISH, how heavy is the rod compared to your saltiga surf? Thanks for the post.

Your friend is a high roller! Thats over $1000 of gear he's probably got LOL :wacko:

GeekFisherman, I would say the moonraker will be approx. around 700-750g and the my Saltiga Surf is around 500g or I would say these two combined felt heavier that my sons 6000 sealine bull and sealine x 11ft beach rod. Mind u the sealine bull is a heavy reel already.

I think if ur gonna buy a beach or rock outfit find the lightest possible or else your arms will be aching even if you dont catch a fish.

Cheers

Jon