Patonga Does It Again Flatties

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Went down to Patonga today about 3:00pm, My Darwin part of the family is here at the moment so I took my nephew Shane to Patonga and showed him how we get flatties down this part of the world, he is a great fisho , I mean hard not to be when you are born and raised in Darwin and mum and dad own a big charter business as well as a couple of tackle shops. Anyway Ileant him a stradic rack raider combo, put on a chartruese shad 4 casts later his gets his first ever flattie, I chime in with one a few casts later and for the next hour and a half in was all flatties , we kept 6 good ones and put a few back as well as dropping a few more so it was a great little session, Shane was thrilled as this was his first time at Patonga and his first flattie, he had only seen them in vids and books.

I found a nice cave around there could make it in to a neat little pad, wont have to walk so far then..

Anyway thats it I got the young fella a fish , they go back to Darwin tomorrow ,

Steve and Cheryl ( Shanes mum & dad) will be busy in the shops and the 3 big charter boats , back to the land of the big barra, can't wait to get back up there again with my family, maybe next year..

Cheers...

post-3371-1222935768_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1222935803_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1222935831_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders, Went down to Patonga today about 3:00pm, My Darwin part of the family is here at the moment so I took my nephew Shane to Patonga and showed him how we get flatties down this part of the world, he is a great fisho , I mean hard not to be when you are born and raised in Darwin and mum and dad own a big charter business as well as a couple of tackle shops. Anyway Ileant him a stradic rack raider combo, put on a chartruese shad 4 casts later his gets his first ever flattie, I chime in with one a few casts later and for the next hour and a half in was all flatties , we kept 6 good ones and put a few back as well as dropping a few more so it was a great little session, Shane was thrilled as this was his first time at Patonga and his first flattie, he had only seen them in vids and books.

I found a nice cave around there could make it in to a neat little pad, wont have to walk so far then..

Anyway thats it I got the young fella a fish , they go back to Darwin tomorrow ,

Steve and Cheryl ( Shanes mum & dad) will be busy in the shops and the 3 big charter boats , back to the land of the big barra, can't wait to get back up there again with my family, maybe next year..

Cheers...

good on ya there ray some nice sized flatties there for ya nephew pretty good for his first flatty

just wandering whats ya pb for flatties at patonga

cheers

jason

p.s. nice lil cave ya got the mate haha

Ole Ray the Hermit they call him! :biggrin2:

Top photos and a great feed of fish mate :thumbup: Jeez you looked bloody comfy in your little hidey-hole! Congrats to Shane on his first flattie! :thumbup: Bet he could tell us a few tales about barra, threadies and the like though :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

Ole Ray the Hermit they call him! :biggrin2:

Top photos and a great feed of fish mate :thumbup: Jeez you looked bloody comfy in your little hidey-hole! Congrats to Shane on his first flattie! :thumbup: Bet he could tell us a few tales about barra, threadies and the like though :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hey Hodgey here is a pic of a barra Shane and a mate caught in feb this year. He is going Coberg Penninsula next week for a week , no doubt there will be some stories.. Cheers Mate..

post-3371-1222946558_thumb.jpg

nice haul of flatties...

ive seen shane's face around a little.. think he did a couple episodes with what thas tv show didnt he???

definately recognize that green boat anyway.. good stuff that he got a few fish down here...

nice haul of flatties...

ive seen shane's face around a little.. think he did a couple episodes with what thas tv show didnt he???

definately recognize that green boat anyway.. good stuff that he got a few fish down here...

Yeah Spikey he has done a few shows with the fishing show guys, and the green boat is a 4.1 polycraft side consul 50 hp Suzuki.. Cheers...

Nice report Ray

What weight jighead were you using?

cheers

inhlanzi

G'day mate, 1/8, ounce, (3-5 gram ) 3/0 hook, we could even go a tad lighter , but not gonna change when it is doing the job for us.. Cheers

Well done Ray & family!~ Great flatties! They are going 'off' up here just now in the leases, too! Just perfect for the kayak! :) :)

Love the little cave & that Barra is AWESOME!! :1yikes:

Cheerio

Roberta

Gday Ray

Great report and nice flatties. I am of the computer for a while and log in to see the flattie reports better get my kayak out this weekend :thumbup:

Cheers Ben

Dear Mondo,

Through the wonders of modern technology I am monitoring your fishing exploits from Bali. Please leave me some flatties when I get home. Although the surfings been great I am looking forward to putting the boat in and catching up with a few flat ones. I hope Shane enjoyed himself we will definately have to go up north for a fish.

By the way I think you may have started yet another YETTI myth in the caves area.

Regards, Hutcho