No Luck...

Kirkyb

Got out on the river just before dark with my younger brother and picked up some live yakkas to hit a few of the deep holes I know of... Absolutely nothing all night except for an occassion when the rod seemed to bob a little in the holder but no line left the reel even though drag was set really light (I was tucked in under my small canopy trying to stay warm and dry from the southerly buster) so i wound in to check the bait and my live yakka (approx 8 inches long) had been bitten completely in half now leaving a perfect semi circle - only missing my hook by 5 mm :thumbdown: Dont know what hit it, but it was enough to keep my out in the southerly for another 3 hours without anything resembling a bite... hope others did better...

Got out on the river just before dark with my younger brother and picked up some live yakkas to hit a few of the deep holes I know of... Absolutely nothing all night except for an occassion when the rod seemed to bob a little in the holder but no line left the reel even though drag was set really light (I was tucked in under my small canopy trying to stay warm and dry from the southerly buster) so i wound in to check the bait and my live yakka (approx 8 inches long) had been bitten completely in half now leaving a perfect semi circle - only missing my hook by 5 mm :thumbdown: Dont know what hit it, but it was enough to keep my out in the southerly for another 3 hours without anything resembling a bite... hope others did better...

Bad luck mate. That would've been a tailor, they do it all the time and you don't even realise until you find either half or no bait left on your hook when your still under the impression nothing has hit it.

A twin hook rig might help.

Josh