Mad Crabs

Grantm

Hi All,

Read an artical the other day about cutting small black Berkley Power Frogs in half then glueing the two backs together, making a black crab imitation.

It used to fish for Bream residing at rock wall areas feedign on black crabs, fished unweighted or very light.

Other lures are used as well such as Ecogear Tanks.

Any one tried this out yet ?

Edited by Grantm

It certainly is an interesting technique.

Ozy had a few he made up and used when we were at the Hacking social, they were quite productive on the day but not with the bream unfortunately.

I believe DaveW actually wrote the article, if it's the one in the ABT guide.

cheers

Hooky

I had success using Ecogear Tank S (2.5) - Just remove the tail section & use the body.

Its a bonus actually cause in most cases after a couple fish on the standard Tank S the tail starts splitting so you can take it off & keep the head for reuse :biggrin2:

Thanks for the comments, I wouldnt mind giving this a go in the Cowan system at some of the deep water rocky shorelines. Ive not had much success in these areas with normal techniques.

Hooky, the artical was in the ABT Guide but didnt realise it was DaveW. Good on you Dave I thoroughly enjoyed the read. :thumbup:

Interesting to read how cunning you tournament Bream fisho's have to get to get even the slightest advantage when the going is tough. :thumbup: Top stuff.

Thanks for the comments, I wouldnt mind giving this a go in the Cowan system at some of the deep water rocky shorelines. Ive not had much success in these areas with normal techniques.

Hooky, the artical was in the ABT Guide but didnt realise it was DaveW. Good on you Dave I thoroughly enjoyed the read. :thumbup:

Interesting to read how cunning you tournament Bream fisho's have to get to get even the slightest advantage when the going is tough. :thumbup: Top stuff.

31748[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words Grant :biggrin2:

I've got some pics on the work computer they didn't use for the article, particularly the Ecogear Tank cut in half and joined together - it's a ripper Crab pattern :1yikes:

I'll see if I can get them up tomorrow :thumbup:

If you approach their use with an open mind they will outfish Bass Minnows in certain circumstances............ unweighted down the side of a pylon is one example ;)