Intermittent Clicker Problem

stylo

Does Penn have an Aussie distributor like Shimano has Dunphy's ?

I want to get a reel fixed and the shop I bought it from has had it's ownership changed and I don't like my chances of getting it fixed through there ...

Also anyone know of Penn's warranty policy ? If only I could find that box !!

---

Hmm ... Jarvis Walker ... http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/penoverview.asp

Edited by stylo

$#_*%#

OK here it is .. .I have an intermittent clicker problem with my Penn Accord 2000 spool !!!!

Sometimes it will click like normal and then sometimes it will only click when the spool rotates one way - BUT THE WRONG WAY i.e. does not click when line is peeling off the reel ........

How annoying ... any of you guns out there can see if anything is wrong here ? pics attached.

A new spool costs $28 delivered .. new reel $60 .. I mean it's not an expensive reel, I could throw it away and buy a new one but would like to fix it.

post-2873-1223459435_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1223459422_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1223459444_thumb.jpg

Any help appreciated ... I mean, if you can see something obviously wrong with the clicker, let me know. To me it looks bloody fine. fark !

Okay Stylo

TO me it looks like the spring tensioner (the spider leg looking things)hanging over the spool has lost its

tension.

Notice the gap between the clicker mechanism

You may need to un screw the screw remove the spring and open it wider apart

and then bend the front of the legs in so it drops over the inner edge of the spool and there is more tension on the side tabs

post-2305-1223462328_thumb.jpg

Which does not allow the clicker flap to move to much and clicks on the cogged gear on the reel shaft.

Currently the tab is not hitting the cog sometime

This may have happened if the spring has lost it,s tension

post-2305-1223462449_thumb.jpg

Glad you understood the incripted text :biggrin2:

sometimes pictures do help

Just watch the spring as it may have already lost its tension/spring in the steel and may do the same thing again.

It is strange it done this to you.

Mate, that was "Fixing Spool Clicker 101" it was that easy to understand !

Looking at my Saros, the construction method looks a lot more durable as they use a strong looking spring in place rather than the this thin spreadeagle steel contraption the Penn uses.

Have to admit the scream of the Saros sound so much better than the Penn, but hey it's working again and that's all that matters.