Girl Catches Rock Lobster

Bruce the Postie

G'day All '

Took the girls out for a day on the water today , after waking them up at 7am we hit the ramp just before 10 (not too bad for a 40 min trip ).

Headed out to play around between East and West reefs. We managed to pick up a couple of keepers amoungst a lot of crap. But we did manage to spot Seals, Dolphins and a BIG breaching Whale and as you would expect the girls were stoked!!!.

post-5510-1223458918_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1223458945_thumb.jpg

Had a bit of a look around Lion Island, fishing was pretty slow. So after the youngest took a couple of snaps we made our way back to Box Head for a bit of a troll for some Tailor, this proved to be fairly successful and we picked up 3 fish, not monsters but at around 1kg apiece good fun on light gear.

post-5510-1223458975_thumb.jpg

But then, as we were motoring past Lobster Beach, Chelsea says Dad look over there WHAT IS THAT !!!, Dad says QUICK get the net , that's a Rock Lobster Chel's,

Is it a Real one Dad, says Chelsea ?

Look's real to me.

So after some fancy net work, Chels boats herself a real live Rock Lobster ! and wasn't her big sister green with envy.

post-5510-1223458999_thumb.jpg

Cheers ,

Bruce :beersmile:

H'mmmm,

Fish of the month eh ,now there's a thought !.

I'm just glad i got a picture of it when it was fresh ,because like most things that come out of the ocean they have a tendancy to shrink by the time you get them home. And true to form this one was only a shadow of it's former self within hours of capture .

Cheers ,

Bruce :beersmile: