Becoming A Queenslander

slinkymalinky

Well, it's all getting serious now. Just bought a new home in Pimpama on the Gold Coast so it looks like there's no going back and I'm going to officially become a Queenslander in a few months time.

New home has a great shed for my boat and is only 15 minutes to either the Broadwater or Jumpinpin area. Much better than the hour it takes to find water from Kellyville. Look out fish!

I've already met a Queensland Raider having met up with Jack hunter last weekend and looking forward to hooking up with a few more.

Cheers, Slinky

I noticed a spelling mistake in the title of this topic mate, traitor is isn't spelled Queenslander. :1prop::074:

Enjoy the fishing up there, a mate of mine swears it's the best the east coast of Australia has to offer.

Edited by reLapse

At tackle sl#$ needs a pimp so now you have one - well at least you'll be living at Pimps.

Interest rates are down , you now have secured accomodation so now you can conentrate on accumulating more bling. Tackle stores will be upset to hear you have gone but no doubt Go-fish will be setting up a local outlet just for you

You are going to learn just what a busy boat ramp is so check out the private or club ramps before you go insane.

good luck

Pel

Edited by pelican

Nothing wrong with becoming another banana bender.

Born and bread in Sydney, I spent 2 wonderful years living in Qld. Caught some spectacular fish on a regular basis.

The meter maids aren't to bad on the eyes either :wacko:

Good onya Slink! Good stuff buying a house at Pimpama. Perfect Tony! :thumbup: I like the sound of this shed up there. One side fisherman's lounge and conference area and the other side acccomodation for your old jewfish mates, ay.

Cheers'

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

was up in queensland at a mate's house... well he used to live in queensland and said the humour is quite different; in sydney he was a clown and in queensland not quite so.

he said that you had to throw a bin at someone or something to make queenslanders laugh

and i went on a charter on the gold coast and caught jack!

OH SLINKY>>>>

As you know, I'm on rec leave, and have just had a week up on the Gold Coast.

Reading your post makes me a little green with envy, argh... good luck champ, wish it was me.

We loved it up there, I'm afraid that unless that big red ball doesn't come crashing down on my roof,

It's gunna be the Cental Coast (Gods country) for Hobbitt and family.

Look forward to your fishing conquest stories from Nth of the boarder.

.....Does this mean I've finally got somebody to fish with?!......

hehehe I'll be up again next May when Keith does the Byron bay Triathlon again ..... this time we intend to keep heading north towards Cairns!! :) :)

Serious, Slinky - I caught my first fish or 30 in Qld, also my first crab (by walking barefoot in the Maroochy River! :1yikes: ) We lived in nambour & had a shack at The Cod Hole! Still great fishing there!

You'll just love it - died & gone to heaven type stuff! :) :)

Enjoy lots of visitors!! (like us, parking our camper in your front yard! :) )

Roberta