A Couple Of Recent Bass.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

Finally time for a report. Sorry for the delay. It's been a bit hectic up here.

I've only managed a couple of sessions in the last couple of months. :1badmood:

First up I scored a day off due to some inclement weather & took JJ up to Clarrie Hall dam to try to score him his 1st bass.

The fishing was slow but I was so proud of the little bloke. He cast his arms off for 1.5hrs before getting a bit bored. His accuracy & skill with the rod never ceases to amaze me. :biggrin2: Mind you he has been fishing since he was in a pram! :1prop:

No luck on poppers, plastics or spin blades so off for a troll. JJ managed his first. The smile says it all.

He also now knows how to drive the leccy. Not bad for 4 yrs old!

The w/end before last I managed to slip the kayak in for a quick session up in the Oxley river. I hadn't fished it before but it does look the goods. I only managed the one fish on a popper. I parked myself under a tree & it was raining cicada pee on me. I heard a boof behind me & spun around & cast. Two bloops & a twitch later & the popper got hammered. Nice fish as well. Measured in at 42 cms before release.

Hopefully I can get a few more sessions in soon.

It's not looking likely though! :(

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice looking Fish there, Grant & well done on the Little Tacker for scoring his first bass!! He'll be a top fisho, just like his Dad :) :) A very handy deckie to have on board, too! :biggrin2:

Congratulations, JJ!! :thumbup::yahoo:

Cheerio

Roberta

:yahoo: Congrats to JJ on his first bass, and for mastering the leccy :thumbup:

That 42cm model is a beauty, Grant. He looks great lying in the water. There is some brilliant scenery in the background of your photos. I'm tipping there is more fish to come from there yet! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

What a top report Grant! :thumbup:

Congratulations to JJ for his first bass. What a champion!!! That smile on his face is worth a million.

The 42cm bass in the water is a beauty too. Well done Grant. I love that photo.

In fact, all the photos are fantastic. Great shots! :thumbup:

Thanks and cheers

Peter

Hi Jewhunter Well done to the young bloke on driving the electric and getting himself a bass. Good to see him following in Dad's footsteps :thumbup:

Grant I'll bet it would take a good while to cover the Oxley River but I'll bet you'll soon find 50 plus fish there especially if you get the chance to meet a few property owners with places around the undisturbed areas.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks for the kind words all.

Stewy. Now that I don't get to fish with you much any more I thought I'd better fish with someone of a similar skill level to you & JJ fits the bill perfectly! :074::074:

Bream Mad. Mate that dam is one of the prettiest places I've ever fish. Just being there does wonders for the soul.

Peter S. Glad you liked the piccies. It's a shitty old camera but it takes great shots.

Hodgey & Jewgaffer. I can't wait to get further into the Oxley. It's really close to my place. I had a top session in the Rous last year around this time but thought I'd try somewhere different. It will hold some very big bass for sure & it's a good sized river.

Roberta. JJ says thanks for the :thumbup::yahoo: . When you get up this way we'll take you bassin on the dam.

Thanks again all.

Cheers,

Grant.

Congrats on some lovely fish mate :thumbup:

...And what about JJ's effort :yahoo: Jeez he's growin up, Wont be long and he'll put us all to shame.

Even though your posts make me bloody jelous, keep em comin

...And hurry up and get down here do a bit of Jewy fishin with us

All the best