Flatties Warming Up - Georges River Lizards

jenno64

Headed out in the Hobie this morning at 7:30am for the run up tide( not keen usually when the tides are so big) Tried some SX 40s in about 3-5 ft over some weedy flats for only two small flatties in the first hour and a few annoying pike. Sped the troll up and a 33cm blackfish nailed one but I was after bigger fish so I switched to a Manns Stretch 5+ and a Manns Stretch 10+ and trolled the deeper water away from the drop off. I was also flicking a plastic around in front of me when the 5+ goes off and it felt like a better fish so I grabbed the rod, set the hooks and placed it back in the rod holder whilst peddling to keep the tension on while I reeled in the other lure. BUT a good fish slammed the Manns 10+ when i was quickly reeling it in to clear the decks and this was a better fish so after a vfew runs down deep I played it to the surface and it was a good 60-70cm model but it spat the big lure just near the surface and glided down :ranting2: Back to the other fish and landing a 53cm model was some consolation :biggrin2: Checked my bearings and trolled over the same patch to hook up straight away again on the 5+ another 50cm fish landed. Had to go to work at 11am so headed in and nailed a mid 40s over the drop off. Had collected a good feed and I might head to that spot midweek soon!

Cheers Rob

post-4017-1224240588_thumb.jpg

..... not keen usually when the tides are so big......

Bet you like it better now, Rob!!! :) :) I love it when the tides are bigger up here - especially when fishing the leases. I can float above the oyster racks without getting scratched so much (if at all) & access all the alleys without having to paddle up & down the whole length of each one!!

Terrific looking fish, too!! OUr water isn't deep enough normally for the bigger lures ....... maybe the main channel, but then you get rocked by all the fizz boats - but there are terrific dropoffs there!

Cheerio

Roberta

Top sesh Rob. A great feed of fish for the family (including a nice blackie as a bonus) ... and all before work. A lot of flatties have seen the inside of your hobie now :biggrin2: . Those Manns Lures are dynamite on the flatties! Pink and Black? Great stuff mate, and keep the reports and photos coming! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks everyone!

Roberta, Maybe I should have a go over the leases down here when the tides are big as they are all fixed and it gets a bit tricky in there without lots of water.

Hodgey, the pink manns 5+ has caught me 5 50+ flatties in the last few outings and the big red and black Manns 10+ got me a 58cm model two weeeks ago and was the one spat out by the big momma yesterday. They are the go in deeper water. I just need to give the SPs more of a go as they do cover more water.

Rob