Great Set Of Lip Grippers By Juro - Set & Release!

arpie

Hi Guys

When I was down the south coast at Tuross last week, guess what I found at the place we had our fish & chips?? A pair of Juro lip grippers for $45 ..... that were virtually identical to 'Lippers' & bogagrips for 1/6 of the price!!!

They have a trigger action whereby you can 'set the grip', put it in the mouth of the flattie/fish & push the black button to 'close up' on the fish's mouth! It has a built in weight measurer (if it is a reallly big fish, it will allow the grippers to 'spin' instead of being static .....or if you remove the metal screw shown in the pic, they spin like the clappers for all fish, limiting damage to the jaw that 'static' ones can do especially to flatties!)

It even has a tape measure in the handle ..... altho why they have it going 'around the handle' instead of 'down the gripper' to measure the fish from tail to head ......... you'd have to ask their design department! Apart from that one 'anomaly', I am happy very with them! They did the job on the 50cm flattie on Wed! Much easier to use than the 'cheaper' berkley ones I have used previously. With arthritis in my fingers, they were very difficult to 'cock & hold' till the fish was ready to have it put in their mouth! With the 'cock' & 'release' setup ..... much easier!

Never seen Juro ones up this way!

Roberta

post-2231-1224280603_thumb.jpg

Hi Josh

Went out in the yak today & checked the weight - up to 26lb - should be big enough for me ...... till I hit Awoonga! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

hi Roberta,

sounds like a bargain, were they at o'briens??

btw, great thread that tuross adventure of yours, didnt realise

Starlo lived in Tuross, always thought he was based at gerringong.

The man is a legend (to me anyways), cant wait to see him at the tackle

show this week end =)

cheers

tom

Edited by thomo