What Is Your Favourite Sx40 Colour?

arpie

Hi guys

I am interested to find out which colour in the SX40 range is your best favourite for catching fish! PM me, if you don't want to post here :1prop:

I have lots of lookalikes, but no real ones & am keen to add a couple to my stable of lures! :thumbup:

Many thanks

Roberta

for larger pics of lures see

http://www.marukyu.com/eng/ecogear/premium_hb/sx40f_oz.html

post-2231-1235109128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roberta

hehehe Slinky, I think you could be right there!!!!

Thanks for that Hotty - much better pics! :)

Roberta

Anyone ever heard of a 'bluegill'?

And what about PX45s - anyone used them with success yet??

Edited by Roberta

Hi Roberta

Low light conditions:303 & 305

Clear water: 343 & 310

If you get enough responses, you will probably find you will cover the entire collection! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

G'day "H"

Please tell me you increased the pic size to say, 180%..... PLEASE!

Tell me I'm not the only little blind raider here.

Guys these HBs rock. Basically my favourite HB when fishin for bream and flatties after work down at the local rowing club.

The Ones that Do most of the DAMAGE are the 303, 339 and 345.

They tend to work most of the time. More reliable that plastics and blades i have found at this particular location.

Beware THEY ARE EXPENSIVE when fishing close to structure!!!!!!!

Edited by VA911

Hey Hobbitt

For better pics of the lure colours & numbers, Check out the link I added to the first post, thanks to Hottyscotty!

My list of 'must get' lures is getting narrowed down to about 6 ..... and they are mainly in the 301-310 range plus a couple in the 340 range!!!

Nothing like an early Xmas present! :) :)

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Clear water sandflats - 309 good for whiting as well as bream

Clear water weedbeds - 302 & 307

Mangrove edges - 306 & 303

Rocky shorelines - 306 & 303

Dirty water - 305 & 345

Clear water pontoons and wharfs - 338 343(bluegill) & 344

Just a rough guide of what I use

302 is called the forster special for a good reason

Darn it, Iceman, just when I was happy to round it down to about 7!!! :( I may have to get an advance on next year's birthday ...... and Xmas as well!! :1prop:

Many thanks for such a detailed description of when & where to use them, too :) You are all champs! :)

302 is on the list :) as are quite a few you mentioned...... but the list may be getting longer!!

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

hehehe .....And thats only SX40s wait till we start talking about other brands......

I am afraid to ask!! :1yikes:

Because the SX40s are so light, Would you recommend a braid that is lighter than 3lb & a whippier rod as against a stiffer rod? My Rackraider & Starlo Stix are both a bit 'firmer' whereas my Shakespeare Synergy is a bit flickier/whippier! (if that terminology makes sense!!!)

I am gradually getting more used to the rackraider in the leases for my flatties on the bigger squidgies, as it will turn the flatties head, whereas the Synergy has a bit more give that may allow them to find cover quicker! i want to sort out which rod suits which lure weight better & stick with it!

Thanks

Roberta

i use a Miller Bream Buster Classic with a Stella 2000. 6 lb braid and leader, casts great unless into wind. This rod casts these lures heaps better than my Daiwa IMZ with the Luvis 2000 and the same line.

My favourite 4 colours are the ones I just bought... All you inconsiderate buggers should think about those of us who are living with a tackle addiction before placing temptation in our path like this :074:

I didn't own any SX40s up until 20 minutes ago but reading your posts it's absolutely clear that I'll never be able to catch another bream again unless I have a couple in my tackle box. At least, that's the way my :devil: explains things to my conscience.

Tackle box gap filled... All fixed up and ready to go now :thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky

Same here Slinky - in last 24hrs I picked up 6 packets of assorted Gulp SP's, 1 x TT switchblade, a 339 Ecogear SX-40, re-spooled an overhead reel with new 25lb Beastmaster line, a squid jig bag, knife sharpener, lumo beads, pre-rigged jew rigs x 5, glow bait, and am having my Penn 7000 serviced.

That was yesterday - now for today!! :1prop::1prop:

Edited by tan the fisherman

Roberta,

My Fave consistant colours for where I fiah are 352, 343 (these rock) 306, 302 and 307.

I pretty much only use these colours although I have a handfull that I have also taken all the paint off for the super finicky clear water breamin

Mitch

And they work on trout too.

I went down for the opening season a few weeks ago and got smashed by a very large trout in a shallow stream. I think it was the 309 but i'll never see that lure again!

Roberta,

I can't believe nobody has mentioned 301. I have one in my tackle box that has caught well over 50 bream and flatties. When it was looking a bit sick (scratched) last year and wasn't swimming well anymore, I replaced it with a new one that was engulfed on the first trolling run by a bohemoth flathead that now has internal bling :mad3: Like others have said, this is a deadly post that could tear families apart. :1prop:

Cheeers Rob