This Area Is For Non Fishing Topics Isn't It

hoges1974

I like to think that I stick to the rules of this site and if I am ever unsure about posting regarding my personal sponsors products I will either post for moderators to edit as necissary and mention that i am sposored by said company as not not show bias.

i guess the purpose of my post is to ask a question.

Yes it is a site for fishing and boating but this section (Bar) has a lot of posts regarding almost everything non fishing.

i do understand the rules regarding posting non site sponsors but there are a lot of posts in other threads regarding info on boat, motor, reel info etc and it doesn't get blocked so why is it this closed???

i do not mean to stir up anything but just curious. Personally i think this is a great site and mods do a great job and i am in no way questioning the job, just curious

Mitch

(please don't take my post in the wrong context)

I like to think that I stick to the rules of this site and if I am ever unsure about posting regarding my personal sponsors products I will either post for moderators to edit as necissary and mention that i am sposored by said company as not not show bias.

i guess the purpose of my post is to ask a question.

Yes it is a site for fishing and boating but this section (Bar) has a lot of posts regarding almost everything non fishing.

i do understand the rules regarding posting non site sponsors but there are a lot of posts in other threads regarding info on boat, motor, reel info etc and it doesn't get blocked so why is it this closed???

i do not mean to stir up anything but just curious. Personally i think this is a great site and mods do a great job and i am in no way questioning the job, just curious

Mitch

(please don't take my post in the wrong context)

We allow such things as reels and rods and accessories as everyone sells them.

Motors for boats are in the same category.

If in doubt as it states in the Site Rules,send your post to a moderator or Admin and they will look over the post first and let you know if it is OK to be posted.

And you are correct Mitch,the MODERATORS and Admin try our very best to keep the Site running as smooth as possible with minimal fuss :biggrin2:

Regards Admin

........i do understand the rules regarding posting non site sponsors but there are a lot of posts in other threads regarding info on boat, motor, reel info etc and it doesn't get blocked so why is it this closed???.......

Mitch

Here's my two bobs worth... You've got to look at it this way.....If the butcher shop question was allowed to proceed our site would be flooded with the names and addresses of butcher shops....... Naturally the end result would be that a bloke would end up having to drive up to Broken Hill to buy a decent T-Bone.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Here's my two bobs worth... You've got to look at it this way.....If the butcher shop question was allowed to proceed our site would be flooded with the names and addresses of butcher shops....... Naturally the end result would be that a bloke would end up having to drive up to Broken Hill to buy a decent T-Bone.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Absolutely correct Byron :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Indeed !!!

If we don't halt these sort of posts fishraider would turn into a huge advertising site. We have been doing this for too long and we recognise people trying to get "free advertising".

We are not ebay or a place for people to get people to use their product/business unless they give something to our members and our site. The persons we allow to advertise on here are respectible and give to our members great service and information. Be aware that we reject many every week because they are not reputable or they are unwilling to give something to our members and our site.

You may notice the post about the charity request has also been removed.

I have had 3 emails from persons/charities requesting money and that we take up their cause. It is sad that we can't respond in the way these people want.

Let's stick to fishing and keep on track :biggrin2:

mrsswordfisherman

I agree with people..This is a great site and the mods do a great job in running in. I ca understand why the post got banned due to advertising etc.

But recently i saw a post about how piss drunk a person got and dosent even remeber if he wet a line...i asked myself...what does this have to do with fishing or boating? and what kind of an example is it to young fisho's like me?

I love this site, i have learned alot, but i rekon more posts like that one should be banned...jsut my two cents worth.

Mike

Yes quite right too!!

We spend hours every day trying to read every single post that is put up here. This is why we have moderators to assist us. The emails and pm's have to be answered. This site is becoming very large and post activity is constant in all sub forums.

There will be many that get through and that is where you as a member come into play - SEND ADMIN OR A MOD A PM if you think there is anything that should not be on our site.

If there is anything you don't like then let us know immediately :biggrin2:

mrsswordfisherman

But recently i saw a post about how piss drunk a person got and dosent even remeber if he wet a line...i asked myself...what does this have to do with fishing or boating? and what kind of an example is it to young fisho's like me?

thats just a few blokes having a good time on a bucks night and giving the rest of us a few laughs at the same time......at 99% of high schools you see and hear 10x worse ........

thats just a few blokes having a good time on a bucks night and giving the rest of us a few laughs at the same time......at 99% of high schools you see and hear 10x worse ........

Much more dangerous on the water though, i don't hear 10x worse at my school

thats just a few blokes having a good time and giving the rest of us a few laughs at the same time

Sorry, definately don't concur with that notion my friend.

Sounds a little irresponsable to me.

Sure, we all have been there, but not something I would post up in an open forum to be judged on.

And definately not something that I would encourage my children to emulate.

Sorry..................

But that's my 20 cents worth!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mariner