Botany Bay 26/10/08 Evening Fish

HookemDano

Well what can I say I have been away for a while and it seems like I was meant to stay away altogether yesterday. Me and me pops arrived at the boat ramp (lets now call it Patricks boat ramp) at around 5pm and to my suprise there were big brand spanking new unwelcoming gates wide open, gut feel was this is not going to be fun for very long. Anyway got boat onto water and then the fun stopped as I tried to head out to Kurnell, besides the howling wind I was confronted by an empty bay and a maze of rubber snake like pylons blocking all but a 20 meter opening for access to the entire bay, if it was dark I would never have found the wayout...

Reached silver beach and the conditions were terrible fished for 1 hour and a half for 2 bream one caught as soon as we got there the other just before we left both around the 27cm mark, had to take off before dark to find the little gap home. Got absolutely hammered (salt water shower) on the way back to ramp. Left boat ramp car park and the access gate was closed (night fishing?), exit gate was open.

Sorry guys this may not be the right place but does anyone have any info on what is happening with that boat ramp (dates, access?)

Don't get me started on this topic :ranting2::mad3::thumbdown: We've had ding dong battles with the Baulderstone staff who seem to think they have police-like authority. Thankfully we have an excellent club president who has defended us like a brother :thumbup:

What they've done is downright dangerous and in my opinion illegal. The lighting (what lighting?) is totally inadequate and is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope no one loses their life because of this. You will need to fit your boat out with serious spotlights if you wish to night fish in future.

To top it off, the bay has never fished so badly. So much for a recreational fishing haven :thumbdown: More like an industrial sewer!

Cheers

Red

Don't get me started on this topic :ranting2::mad3::thumbdown: We've had ding dong battles with the Baulderstone staff who seem to think they have police-like authority. Thankfully we have an excellent club president who has defended us like a brother :thumbup:

What they've done is downright dangerous and in my opinion illegal. The lighting (what lighting?) is totally inadequate and is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope no one loses their life because of this. You will need to fit your boat out with serious spotlights if you wish to night fish in future.

To top it off, the bay has never fished so badly. So much for a recreational fishing haven :thumbdown: More like an industrial sewer!

Cheers

Red

Hi Red,

I appreciate your passion, I felt very unsafe out there not because of the conditions but because of the contempt shown by the people who have the power to allow something like this to be deemed approprietly safe....

BSJ, we were told that the present situation will be in place till 2011. I feel for the safety of boaties who do not get out very often and for visiting anglers who don't have local knowlege. With hot summer nights around the corner i feel a tragedy is almost inevitable.

My advice, fish the Hacking, Harbour or Pittwater. The bay has been officially gone to the dogs!

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red