Lake Macquarie Help

autocad

I'm heading up with the family to lake macquarie this weekend and we are staying at morisset. Are there any landbased spots not too far away from where we are staying that I can have a flick for flatties and bream?

any help appreciated.

cheers

Gday Autocad, The south of the lake has been fishing well for a while now but the possibilities are limited when landbased. Try the following spots (in RED) or thereabouts. Dora Creek is always good for drowning a prawn and the lIzards should be about at present as well.

Geoff

southlake.jpg

Gday Autocad, The south of the lake has been fishing well for a while now but the possibilities are limited when landbased. Try the following spots (in RED) or thereabouts. Dora Creek is always good for drowning a prawn and the lIzards should be about at present as well.

Geoff

southlake.jpg

Hi Geoff,

That is fantastic, those spots should be more than enough for me to try. Is the are that looks like a point you have in red good for the kids to have a swim as well?

Also, is the lake tidal? if so what tides are the best to fish?

thanks

scott

Hi Geoff,

That is fantastic, those spots should be more than enough for me to try. Is the are that looks like a point you have in red good for the kids to have a swim as well?

Also, is the lake tidal? if so what tides are the best to fish?

thanks

scott

Minimal tides down that way autocad, the Shingle splitters point has a couple od different car parking areas, swings and things for the kids as well and is a nice spot to pull up for a picnic. Plenty of rocky areas as well as weed beds to fish too. Also shallow water without the weeds for the kids to paddle, before you let them in have a look for razor clams though, although I suspect they have long gone from this section of the lake.

Geoff

shinglesplitterspoint.jpg