Underwater Lights

juicy

Hey guys,

Im trying to find an underwater light without much luck.

Im hoping i can get ideas from you guys about where to purchase one. im after a 12v submersible unit to be used for prawning. I found plenty of prawning lights but was after something abit more brighter then the standard 50w.

Has anyone seen any.. i checked out pool lights but it seems too much hassle to run inverter off the batter to run them.

any help is appreciated.

Hey guys,

Im hoping i can get ideas from you guys about where to purchase one. im after a 12v submersible unit to be used for prawning. I found plenty of prawning lights but was after something abit more brighter then the standard 50w.

Has anyone seen any.. i checked out pool lights but it seems too much hassle to run inverter off the batter to run them.

any help is appreciated.

don't have any ideas on what you're after, just wanted to say that I've always found if you're light is too bright the prawns are spooked by it and swim away "at the speed of light"

Guest Aussie007

i seen last summer some people with a geneous idea for catching prawns they were only prawning from the wall at the entrance but what they done was they hooked up a car head light to a battery and hung that over the side of the wall well we were catching heaps of prawns untill they pulled out this invention after that they were scooping every second we had no prawns so that tells ya it works lol i am going to duplicate there idea this prawning season

Pond light not a pool light and use a new low wattage 12 volt mini flouro bulb so you don't need a big battery and the housing stays cool is my only thought but still only going to put out so much light out of a small fitting. Look up nelson as they sell cheap waterproof 12 v pond lights via hardware stores but no real advantage over prawn light other than wider beam.. Mini flouro bulb are probably avaliable at hardware as well. Just be careful you keep it fully imersed if you don't use a flouro bulb as they use the case to dissapate heat andyou may shatter the lens going hot / cold.

When I was a kid blokes were using battery on a minis' inner tube with sealed beam car headlight mounted in a bit of ply that they just floated on the surface. Those Xenon small driving lights put out a lot of light and are compact but chew the battery. It is ablue light and I have no idea what prawns see or like??

Pel

Hey guys,

any help is appreciated.

i got 2 great bright lights (handHeld) off ebay 12 volt brand new.. give it a go just type in prawn light and go from there

:beersmile: