Bagout On School Jew

tide'n'knots

post-8689-1225684364_thumb.jpgpost-8689-1225684367_thumb.jpgHi raiders,

Headed down to my favorite spot at wisemans ferry last night, arrived about 7pm and a stiff breeze was making life difficult, blowing against the current and slewing the boat from side to side. Not much happening for about the first 3/4 hour then as it slowly started to get dark, the breeze started to drop, and finally by about 8.30 the water glassed off and the fish started to bite as the tide slowed and reached a dead low about 9.45. Caught maybe 5 or 6 under size sopies in the next hour and a half, then on dead low my "bloody pink coloured black queen" rod as Roberta calls it, bucked over and I was into something solid. The six pound mono peeled off at a rate of knots and im thinking, yeah this is what I came for! then after about 50 or so meters the run stopped and a bloody stingray buried on the bottom and it took what seemed forever to move it. In the end I just about locked up on it and I was amazed at how much pressure 6lb line can handle when it is combined with a vey flexible rod. I was trying to snap the line and it didnt snap until the big ray was right at the side of the boat. Anyway back to fishing! By this time the tide had turned to run in and the fishing suddenly hotted up. in the next 2 hours or so I boated about 20 jew most of which were just under leagal and on two occassions had a double hook up and was forced to leave one rod in the rod holder while I boated the other fish - good fun when your on your own! I managed to put 5 jew between 45cm and 50 cm in the esky along with a 28cm bream, not big fish but fun anyway. I took the photos at home on the sink. guess whats for dinner tonight! YUM.

tight lines. t'n'k.

pete.

Well done Pete - that bloody pink Black Queen works its wonder again!!! brilliant!!

Terrific to see you got got a good feed - that lovely big bream of yours last week was a real treat!!! YUM!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Pete,

well done once again on the jewies; :thumbup: it certainly makes the trip down to Wisemans worthwhile.

That must have been fun. Were you alone?

cheers

Cam

Hi Cam,

yeah I was alone but I had the boat rigged with lights on the side that I can flick on or off when needed to land a fish, first time I have tried it and it worked a treat!!! no more trying to hold rod net and torch at the same time!

Peter.

Well done Pete - that bloody pink Black Queen works its wonder again!!! brilliant!!

Terrific to see you got got a good feed - that lovely big bream of yours last week was a real treat!!! YUM!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

pity we couldnt have caught them last week like this!!!