Shallow Water Fin

xib

hey guys over the weekend i headed down to greenwell point with my family and a mate on the friday night we fish the warf and managed 9 flathead on sp and live mullet. these ranged between 38 and 52 cm and amoung thses were my youngest brothers first two fish on sp. any way we woke up on the saturday morning to find a stiff brezze and a light shower but by 8.30 things started to clear up. dad, nick (my mate) and i headed out the bar to find a large but manageable swell and made the desision to trawl to the banks. about a third of the way out in 35m of water the tld 25 with 8kg starts sreaming and after 10 minutes of going round in circles and trying to stop the endless diving we finally saw colour it was called for a king well over 1m but as soon as it saw the gaff it took off. it was then after we noticed that it wasnt that fish but in fact a yellowfin of around 12kg that had a king follow him up. after much yahooing and high 5s we were on the radio to mates who came out straight away and also goy a yellow fin just slightly smaller. about 30 minutes later we had to head back in due to battery problems. on sunday it was much calmer so we set up a spread and started trawling to the banks. as we arrived we got a triple hook up on undersize kings and the rest of the day was spent catching travally and jigging under size kings.

post-5114-1225695452_thumb.jpg hears my first yellow fin it went 12kg and 97cm

Congrats on your 1st fin mate! :yahoo::thumbup: I can only shake my head in amazement when you talk about shallow water being 35m. My 'deep' water is 5m :074:

Sounds like a great time, with your brother also capturing his 'first' on plastics. Well done! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hey mate, i saw you out there at the banks on sunday morning. I was in the boat with the big hardtop. We only managed 1 king around 70cm, water not warm enough for them yet. We eneded up geting 1 albacor out wide. Tunring back the clock getting yellowfin inbetween Greenwell Pt and the banks. Good to hear.

Nath

Hey mate, i saw you out there at the banks on sunday morning. I was in the boat with the big hardtop. We only managed 1 king around 70cm, water not warm enough for them yet. We eneded up geting 1 albacor out wide. Tunring back the clock getting yellowfin inbetween Greenwell Pt and the banks. Good to hear.

Nath

hey mate u must have been the guys in the big white boat with outriggers. we went out to 140m on sunday but didnt turn a reel.

we go the fish on a mackbait (bibless minnow) in mettalic blue and the water was 16.6 on saterday and 18.3 on sunday so im guessing the fin were siting just in front of the warm current

matt