Hawesbury Jews And Flattys

flatty hunter626

walked in the door 5pm yesterday arvo and i get a phone call asking if i want to go chase some jews in my mates boat......tough descision home work or fish.......pretty obvious what i chose:P....

hit the water around 6 and headed straight to the flatty grounds.....got 2 on plastics within 5 mins at 48 and 46cms.....realeased the smaller model and kept the other for a feed.

then down berowra creek in search of some jews....got my first bait in the water with a fresh squid head then noticed a few bumps on it within the first few mins.....then bang!.....the fish ran and sent the baitrunner screaming. a quick strike and fight later i had a 43cm jew at the boat.....just under dam!....so back into the water it went after a few quick photos.

no more action until about 930 when we decided it was time to move up to bar point for the tide change.

this proved sucessfull with the first cast as i felt the line while waiting for the bait to hit the bottom....i assumed it had when i felt a few jumps......felt like it was draging on the reef a bit but as these bumps got more agressve i struck up.....a small fight later and i had a 48cm jew in the boat....first legal one in ages and dinner for tonight:P...it managed to scoff a whole squid in 30seconds!...........

good end to the night was seeing someone else sucess with a huge flatty head sitting on the roof of the cleaning table back at the ramp......

a few pics of the fish.

cheers flatty hunter.

post-7454-1225927597.jpg

post-7454-1225927670_thumb.jpg

post-7454-1225927756_thumb.jpg

post-7454-1225927821_thumb.jpg

Nice ! Good report.

Is this self caught on the day squid, or self caught frozen squid or God forbid fish market /tackle shop squid ?

the squid heads were fresh squid that was frozen after the tubes were eaten and the whole squid was the crap stuff from windybanks.....didnt have enough time to go catch bait so we decided to wing it....im starting to think it may have gone off with fresh squid last night!:P

the squid heads were fresh squid that was frozen after the tubes were eaten and the whole squid was the crap stuff from windybanks.....didnt have enough time to go catch bait so we decided to wing it....im starting to think it may have gone off with fresh squid last night!:P

Thx for sharing .. Have had times where freshly caught squid has yeilded zilch !

Thx for sharing .. Have had times where freshly caught squid has yeilded zilch !

I've had that too, particularly in Cowan. Fish have taken old crap squid and not touched the fresh stuff????

Nice flattie head :1prop:

nice fish ya got there both of em, hope they tasted great

have the jewies bin on lately at the hawkesbury do you know??

im going up tomorrow and im dying to catch one

cheers jason

haha homework or a fish id rather a fish anyday especialy if those are the result