Pb Fh On Sp In Mh

Tiger Cam

G’day Raiders

After a short debate on wheather we should :fishing1: given that rain was predicted for yesterday morning, we headed out of Tunks Park armed with bait and SP’s. After reading Slinky’s articles on squidding and being inspired, I bought a Yo-Zuri squid jig which I put to work on a couple of spots including the Spit bridge. Unfortunately the eight legged buggers didn’t come out to play or I still have to serve my apprenticeship…. which I think is more likely. :wacko:

We had a full squid out (bought) for a passing kingy while I flicked the plastics and the two mates were using bait. We tried a few spots in the main harbour including Sow of Pigs reef, Wedding Cake and Clifton Gardens. They caught plenty of undersized fish with a trevally going 27cm being the largest. I was getting the odd enquiry. The wind started to pick up so we decided to head back into MH seeking shelter.

At this point I was considering switching to bait but I persevered with SP’s. We found a sheltered spot, started a drift and after my third cast I felt a decent tug so I struck. It performed the odd head shake so I was thinking (hoping) Jewie…? It was taking line and it felt reasonably heavy so I started to think is the 4lb braid with 6lb leader sufficient? I played this fish for 3-4 minutes resisting the temptation to tighten the drag each time it ran. As it surfaced I couldn’t believe the size of the croc on the end of the line. I don’t think she liked the look of us as she made another attempt to escape. In the net she went – measured 71cm weighed 5.1lb caught with a 3” minnow in nuclear chicken. My PB for a flatty on SP …..and bait too actually. :biggrinthumb:

That was enough for the other two to change to SP’s. :1prop: Not long after they did, Skip lands a 57cm model flatty on a 4” pogy.

post-8021-1226175961_thumb.jpg

post-8021-1226176054_thumb.jpg