You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You... But...

Sammy0884

10 points to the first person who can pic the difference.

Before:

myboat3.jpg

After:

E-Tecruninweekend09Nov2008014Large.jpg

In summary.. it is going to take me some time to get used to the sheer power and torque of the new motor, it goes like a scalded cat, uses the same and sometimes less than my previous 4/s and it is oh so quiet.

Top speed is around the mid 40 knott area.

post-1587-1226225491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy0884

The improved speed, torque and sound was brought about by removing the boat's name? (Krull).

I've heard of streamling your hull - but that's an amazing improvement!

You owe me 10 points.

Mike

Excellent observation Mike... you will also note that i have changed the 115 sticker to a 150 version. sickers are the way forward when it comes to power.

If I had said to you 12 months ago that you would be posting that pic Sam , you would have had me committed !!

Hope she serves you well in the years to come mate !!

Ross

I cant wait to take you for a ride in it mate.. just imagine two of what you have lol...

Edited by Sammy0884

Ohh ohh i got it

you have matched your thongs to your shorts this time :yahoo:

serious

Well done Sammie it looks like your photoshop skills have improved out of site :thumbup:

because i wouldnt imagine a etec on the back of your boat.

PS congrats on the new paint job on the out board :074::074:

Hi Sam, great looking rig now mate. Looks like Botany Bay was blowy yesterday, I was out on the Hawkesbury and it sure was a top day to be out on a boat.

I had the chance to water test Sams' Seafarer on Friday and I must say the 150HP Evinrude was a perfect match for that hull. It cruised nicely at 3000RPM, had plenty up top and it was super smooth and quiet at idle. Sam optioned up to concealed control and added 2 more digital I-Command gauges to the 2 that comes STD with the E-TEC and it sure was a joy to use and it is in great condition with all the good gear on board.

Sometimes a boat and engine combo just work well together and Sams boat was a classic example of this and I am sure he is going to get alot of joy out of the new white power.

Cheers,

Huey.

No clears and 2 aerials.

Is there a prize for spot the differences.

Leave my good mates out of this Mariner!!!! Am still there just with cloaking stealth option turned on. If you stand on your had and squint you'll see me amd my mates.

Gotta admit that motor manufacturers are really missing the point by not offering optional coluoured cowls as the number of mates who have bought one brand over another due to colour is seriously big and most don't know what is under the cowl. Hope you get years of trouble free service out of her

Pel

Oh yeah - boat is floating higher in the water - must be your lighter wallet!!!!!!!

Edited by pelican

You'll love the engine, i have the 2008 150 Etec on my Cruise Craft Explorer and it works so well.

Fuel efficiency is awesome, uses less than half a tank going to Browns and back where as my old 2 stroke would chew just about a full tank.

And quiet, emmission free.. just a very good engine that i am super happy with (Thanks again to Huett Marine)

Clappa.

I hope you have better luck with your etec than mine. My 250 has done >170hrs in less than 4 months. It has developed some popping/rough running at trolling speeds, had a new set of spark plugs fitted due to premature failure of the originals and there is a leak/water in the gear box oil. These problems are being looked at by the dealer ( not Huey!) under warranty but doesn't do much for your confidence when you are 50 nautical miles out from home.

When you factor in the cost of the oil, the running costs are not as competitive as you imagine. So far I have used over $700 worth of XD100 oil...and counting.

I have previously run several 4 strokes for 1000's of hours with only routine maintenance. They have never missed a beat unlike the etec. Cheers Kelvin

I hope you have better luck with your etec than mine. My 250 has done >170hrs in less than 4 months. It has developed some popping/rough running at trolling speeds, had a new set of spark plugs fitted due to premature failure of the originals and there is a leak/water in the gear box oil. These problems are being looked at by the dealer ( not Huey!) under warranty but doesn't do much for your confidence when you are 50 nautical miles out from home.

When you factor in the cost of the oil, the running costs are not as competitive as you imagine. So far I have used over $700 worth of XD100 oil...and counting.

I have previously run several 4 strokes for 1000's of hours with only routine maintenance. They have never missed a beat unlike the etec. Cheers Kelvin

Hi Kelvin, I would think your engine is not reaching opertaing temp and therefore running cold and causing the plugs to prematurely ware. I hope you dealer is a trained tech because you should have the latest software, there has been a few updates and I hope you are seeing 5500-5600 with your normal load at WOT. If not you are not set-up right and that will affect oil and fuel usage and really any engine not set-up right will not perform the best. On the oil, I imagine you are programeed for XD-100 and when I have run any big block, at idle the oil ratio is like 200:1 and at WOT when running as designed the ratio is about 70:1. Easy for a trained tech to look and confirm with the engine plugged into a laptop. What are you paying for your oil, because what our guys are seeing is ALOT less money spent on oil than that in 170 Hours.

As for the water entry, fishign line aroudn the propshaft can easy do this and again any brand is suspectible to this and as I say to all our E-TEC guys, every six months you should remove the prop and inspect and that again goes for any brand.

Post your serial number and model number and I can run in thru the BRP computer and see what comes up. PM me if you do not want to do that on a public site, but nothing to hide.

We have not seen any more or less issues with the 3.3L E-TEC than any other brand we service and as long as they are set-up right, with right prop, right engine height, correct 3/8 fuel line and a battery that meets the requirements they are a reliable unit and I would not have a worry about going offshore with it.

Cheers,

Huey.

I hope you are seeing 5500-5600 with your normal load at WOT.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Huey

Quick question, on the 250's is 5500-5600 the ideal wot?

Mines starting to hit over 6000-6100rpm, should I jump up another pitch in props?

Greg

Hi Huey

Quick question, on the 250's is 5500-5600 the ideal wot?

Mines starting to hit over 6000-6100rpm, should I jump up another pitch in props?

Greg

Hi Greg, yes mate the ideal WOT RPM of the 250HP is 5500-5600 with your normal load. Mate if you are seeing 6100 you are under propped and could and should go up one pitch size (2 inches) or even two to get the revs down. It must accerate like nothing else. What props are you running becasue I would be thinking on your hull the Cyclone or Rebels would be best and I would be thinking 19 inch.

You must be bumping the rev limiter because I know on mine 225 HO when I am going quick (about 75MPH) and trimmed way out she has seen over 6000 too, but that is with a very light load and is getting a bit hairy to drive at that speed. Really the old 1800S Haines is not upto all the power of my 225HP.

Cheers,

Huey.

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine