How To Mount A Sounder Screen

Jaso

Guys,

Need some help/simple suggestions for mounting a sounder screen in my open 4.2m tinny. Tinny config is a rear and front bench, with ribs down the side and its got a floor.

I've made a litte platform at the front between the front bench and the bow.

Ideally I would like to mount the sounder in the middle of the boat on the side somewhere so that I can swivel it so I can face it towards the rear and the front.

Even tho I cut out and mounted the platform for the front, Im not confident about building a box against the side of the boat.. Cause the side of the boat is curved and I dont think I have the right tools or expertise to get it straight.. I do however have the plywood and extra carpet to do the job... dunno what else I need tho.

Any suggestions?

Cheers. J

I would look at a clamp on swivel (about $40) seat swivel pic that firmly clamps to tinny bench's for mounting seats, then rather than mount a seat on the swivel mount a piece of timber with your sounder screen on it.

Easy to get on and off and move from front bench to back bench but will remain firmly in place whilst on the run. And most importantly you havnt drilled reamed or put holes anywhere in your beloved tinny

Bet you that is as clear as mud

That looks like a great idea..  :thumbup:

is there a way so that I can keep the cables out of the way also, or is that just having your cake and eating it too?

32945[/snapback]

Jaso

I just use 3m cable tidies... the ones you can open and close, they have lasted and do the job i want in keeping the cable out of harms way, and they are relativly cheap