Great Fish From Narra Lake

Lure'em

Hi all,

Just like every sunday I get dropped off down to my best friends house for a fish down in narrabeen lake.

Today's fish began at 8am with the tide coming in.

The fish were soon biting and we managed a nice 39cm flattie.

Afterwards, we had to return to his house to grab some more bait (pilchard) and we were straight back down there. The tide was at its highest now and the flats were completely covered in water. We waded around for a while before returning to our original spot.

I couldn't be bothered to change my bait so I flicked out a small and torn piece of pillie behind the weed. I was lazily holding the rod in 2 fingers when something grabbed it and peeled off line very fast. My friend saw the flattie and told me he had some size in him so I continously fought him in before he ran back out to tire him out. After about 3 mins he was done for and he was quickly brought up onto the shore by a really nice onlooker.

To some this flattie may not look to big but for me it is like a dream come true.

He was measured at exactly 65cm and weighed 2.5kg. :1yikes::biggrin2:

Jack2161108.jpg

All in all a great day of fun was had and we ended up having great results and a nice feed for dinner.

Jack :biggrin2:

Edited by Lure'em

To some this flattie may not look to big but for me it is like a dream come true.

He was measured at exactly 65cm and weighed 2.5kg. :1yikes::biggrin2:

Mate thats a top flattie in anyones book!! well done, I am chasing lizards tomorrow I will be stoked if I get a couple like yours!

Pete.

Mate that looks big to me considering my biggest is 10cm under that! Its amazing that 10cm adds 1 and a half times more weight cuz I think mine at 55cm was just about a kilo. I might start taking measurement across their heads and see how much they actually grow outwards cuz all that weights gotta go somewhere.

Great work mate! :thumbup: